Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #1  
Laurie

S/C/G: 171/153/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Help-mrc

Hi, I started the MRC weight loss program in May 2012.
(Metabolic Research Center)
I've had great results, at a cost of $1500.00, however I got totally turned off from one of the employees attitude and refuse to go back. In an effort to continue my weight loss journey I've been researching their High Nutrient supplements and cannot believe what I've learned. From what I've researched their HNS are getting the protein thru geletin (which I haven't read to many positive things about) it is derived from animal bone and skin etc... And is said to be one of the biggest rip offs on the market.
I am continuing with their menu as I haven't had a problem with the food choices/combinations. What I am looking for is feedback on what protein supplements are proven winners for other members.
lmw1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #2  
Female Age 33

S/C/G: 231/193/165

Height: 5'5"

Smile Mrc

Hi! I'm new here and I had just completed my introduction when I read yours! I have been on the MRC diet since August 9th. I am also curious about the protein supplements. They do seem to help with the weight loss as I have already lost 11 lbs! The problem is with my particular diet plan, I'm supposed to drink 5 a day. I can already just image what it's going to cost in the end. I will be researching to find a different source for the protein as well.

I also take the MRC-6, MSM, Essential Minerals, B-6, D-3, Flax Seed Oil, and the MRC Multivitamin. I was on the Enhancer but it was raising my BP so I quit taking it after 3 days. Hang in there!
HowdyTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello and

The protein supplement I like is called "Vegan Protein Factors" - vanilla bean. It is made by "Natural Factors" and is from pea, rice, hemp and chia.

I too will not take anything made from animal bone and byproducts, or soy (virtually all of which in America is sprayed with Monsanto Roundup, according to my research).

Tastes yummy too
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #4  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw1123 View Post
Hi, I started the MRC weight loss program in May 2012.
(Metabolic Research Center)
I've had great results, at a cost of $1500.00, however I got totally turned off from one of the employees attitude and refuse to go back. In an effort to continue my weight loss journey I've been researching their High Nutrient supplements and cannot believe what I've learned. From what I've researched their HNS are getting the protein thru geletin (which I haven't read to many positive things about) it is derived from animal bone and skin etc... And is said to be one of the biggest rip offs on the market.
I am continuing with their menu as I haven't had a problem with the food choices/combinations. What I am looking for is feedback on what protein supplements are proven winners for other members.
I know this is a little late but i get my protein drinks from proteinshop.com
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 369/350/200

Height: 6'2

Default protein drinks

i still keep in touch with a former MRC employee and what I use is something you can buy from Wal-mart in a black jug called Whey Protein. They have several diffferent flavors. One half scoop = 1 packet from MRC. The jug costs around $15 but it lasts much longer. It's worth it and it works just as well. Hope this helps.
jcclay24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/215.5/160

Height: 5"7

OMG...brand new to MRC and I just saw this post !!
Im concerned as well with how the shakes are made and have no desire to digest such, but my question is : How do you get around buying their's?? I am now wishing I had done more research before I started the program!!
DenaMishelle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #7  

Smile

Hi I've been on MRC for 2 months and I know I've spent at least $300 between the protein drinks and subliments. And it seems lately they what ever I haven't bought they want to sell me. I am retired and can't afford to continue like this even though I'm very happy with the results. It's been m any years since I lost close to 30 pounds in only 8 weeks and even more years since I've been at the weight I am now. And I didn't like what I read about the protein drinks being made from bones of animals and such. YUCK!!. Is that in both the liquid and the powder protein drinks? So what can you do if you want to stay on the program but don't want to drink those protein drink they say you have to in order to stay on the program? Any suggestions? I also think I'm going to cut back on my suppliments. Some of them I found ar cheaper over the counter at Walmart, like the different vitamins. They may not be exactly the same but they are close. I'm very happy that I found this forum because the MRC place I go doesn't have a local web site and there is not much happening on the MRC web site they gave me and one from another city in my state. I got lots of recipes now to try too. I'll be back often.
Aireena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #8  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I'm new here too. I first walked into the MRC on August 6th, so I'm coming up on 16 weeks since I started my pre-conditioning. I've always balked at the idea of supplements and the price, so I've mostly only done the minimum 2 HNS's a day they require if you want to earn maintenance. Yes, they pester me constantly to add more, but I don't struggle with hunger and have never found increased weight loss on the weeks I do three or four a day, so to keep costs down I stick with two. (I only end up with three on days I'm running around and it's going to be more than five hours between meals.)

I'm wondering what you mean when you write:
Quote:
"From what I've researched their HNS are getting the protein thru geletin (which I haven't read to many positive things about) it is derived from animal bone and skin etc... And is said to be one of the biggest rip offs on the market."
The boxes say right on them that they contained hydrolyzed gelatin, so it's not a secret. I actually thought it was cool to find a protein supplement not made from whey or soy, so now you have me wondering what the non-positive things are that you found with your research? Just the ick factor of what they are made from? And what's the rip-off? The price? It does seem that gelatin is cheap so they shouldn't cost that much -but I haven't found them to be much cheaper anywhere else. Or is the rip off that they don't actually contain the protein they say? That would be a problem! Clue me in, because I am interested in continuing with a protein supplement once I finish spending $$$ at MRC and can re-direct those funds to a personal trainer at the gym.

Thanks!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote