Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #1  

Default New to the Community

Good Day folks,
New to the forum and early on the diet. I started off I believe like many other folks in this forum. Frustrated with my weight, tired of being tired and concerned for rising health issues. Three months ago I found myself "stuck" between 281-285 lbs. I changed my eating habits as well as started exercising but noticed quickly that my body was not responding like it did 4 years before. I have 3 friends at work who's lives were dramatically changed by IP both regarding weight loss and health improvements so I decided to do the research.

The thing that struck me the most was that all the issues alleviated with this diet and subsequent weight loss, were issues I have been struggling with. I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux an Gerd 20 years ago and was on 40 mg of Pantoloc since then, I have had sleep apnea for the last 3-4 years and this last year, diagnosed with pre-diabetes, high Blood Pressure and cholesterol issues. In short I found myself on 7 different meds / supplements to "correct" the issues and I absolutely HATE medication!!

Ok Fast Forward... Three weeks ago I sat down with one of the friends mentioned above who is now my coach and began asking pointed questions, she gave me an info package which explained the science behind IP and the benefits. Right away I knew I had a pancreatic problem because the science made sense and I could see how my attempts to lose weight were not working because my pancreas needed this "recalibration". My wife (the most precious person in my life) got behind me 100% and we went in for our consultation and got started on the protocol. Since then I am 24 lbs lighter I have lost 3 inches on my waist I am now at 250 mg of Metformin (for my pre-diabetes) down from 1000 mg / day. My blood pressure first thing in the AM pre-meds went from 140/95 to 120/80. I have slept the best I have in three years and have not had any bouts of acid reflux since I started the diet 3 weeks ago.

I want to credit my coach and my wife for being the strong support they have been and the constant encouragement my beautiful bride is. I also want to thank you folks because I read many posts before making this decision to follow IP and I want to say to all of you who post ... Thank you for helping me get my life back!!! Someone posted on here that they are frusated how the stereotype of being overweight tends to always bring comments of "step away from the buffet" or "put the fork down and grab a carrot". I want to say thanks for that because I have always wondered what was wrong with me. Now I have the education and knowledge to shut those stereotypes down. I have been in the Canadian military for 23 years and it is hard to try to explain to folks I work with and bosses that it is not because I make poor food choices and never work out that I am having weight issues (although it may have started out that way). Ignorace can be lethal and knowledge power especially when you learn what is healthy and what is not which this protocol is amazing at teaching.

I am glad to know that others understand where I have been coming from for sooo long!! Thanks again and looking forward to getting to know many of you!!!

P.S. Sorry, I know this was an insanely long Intro! Where can I get one of them cool weight bars most of you have or will that come when I get access to a sig block?
Qinadyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Qinadyen,

Welcome to 3FC, and congratulations on your success. I'm so happy you've found something that works for you! It's been awhile since I signed up, but if I recall, you need 20 posts and 20 days as a member to get one of the weight loss trackers. I'm sure someone will come along who knows for sure and will be able to tell you.

Congratulations once again!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #3  

Hi Penmage
Thanks a bunch for the support and the info!!! What a great group!!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #5  

Thank you Misti!!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/257/180

Height: 6'0

Welcome to the forum! There's tons to read on the boards.. good luck in your journey!
trabo2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

welcome
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome, Qinadyen and congrats on your weight loss so far!! I used to have persistent acid reflux and sleep apnea as well so I know how much that sucks. I haven't had any episodes since September and it feels great to finally be able to sleep through the night! That's awesome that IP is working for you and you have such a supportive wife. Yeah, the signature and tickers will become available to you after the 20day/20post requirement, so I'm sure as soon as you get yours up and running you'll have an impressive ticker to show off! I look forward to seeing you around the forum and reading up on your successes!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #9  

Thanks for the great welcome folks, appreciate the encouragement and support !!!!!