Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Smile Greetings from Florida

Sue here from Sunny Florida. I am a lone veggie living with a family who is not. I'm on Quick Weight Loss diet. In two months, I have lost 23 pounds. Not too shabby, but I have quite a was to go. I am at a sticky point now. 160 seems to be where all my weight loss attempts slow. QWL is not an exception to the rule.

I really miss pasta and bread.

I enjoy going to the gym-have been going for years. I have quite a collection of workout vids, but find working out next to people who are more fit than I am inspiring. I just bought myself a heart rate monitor and found it to be a worthwhile investment. I surprised myself when I learned that that I typically drop 400-500 calories in little more than an hour. I utilize the PT service at the gym twice a week and do cardio three days.

I'm 46. I want to run. I envy those who can run on a tread for a half hour or more. Try as hard as I do, I am unable to run one mile, never mind a 5K or marathon. But I still aspire to run a 5K on my 50th and will continue to work on the goal.

This afternoon, I spent sometime reading some of the threads. This seems like a great forum with terrific people. I look forward to becoming a valued member of your group.
BrownEyedVeggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Hi Sue

I'm so jealous of your weather right now- I lived in Florida up until last year. I miss the sun!!!

I'm sort of in a similar spot to you, being the only vegetarian. It's still a work in progress, but I'm getting the hang of it. I'm not familiar with the Quick Weight Loss plan, so I can't offer any specific advice, but perhaps it's time to take a look at the calories/fat/nutrients of the food you are eating, and tweak some things? 23 pounds in 2 months is a good chunk of weight in a short period of time, and maybe your body just needs to settle for a little bit.

In any case, welcome to 3FC!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #3  

Thank you, Penmage.

I love the sun too...often take it for granted until a week of gray days comes our way, which doesn't happen too often.

How long have you been a veggie? I find there is much more variety in foods when I think outside of the "meat and three sides" box ...part of the reason I am round. When I achieve maintenance, I look forward to taking part in any veggie recipe threads on the site.
BrownEyedVeggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome, Sue!! I just moved from FL last year as well. I lived in Riverview; still have the house. Miss it there sometimes. And I'm also the only vegetarian in my family, but I don't live with them anymore. I stopped eating red meat and poultry (I still eat seafood) when I was 9. It was ROUGH. I come from a family who loves their pork and chicken. And even though I was a vegetarian for most of my life, I still managed to gain a considerable amount of weight. I actually had a doctor tell me I was the fattest vegetarian he's ever seen. But what can I say?? I loves me my cheese and bread!! Good luck on your journey!!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #5  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Hi Sue,

There is forum with a small group of QWLC dieters actively posting. If you want to check it out, the thread is here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ters-diet.html
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Starting 170lbs, Goal 150lbs

Height: 6ft

Nice to see someone else from Florida!!
ExerciseVideoQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/260/180

Height: 5' 8"

Default Another getting-thinner chick in Florida

I just couldn't bring myself to say I'm a Floridian, but I do live in central Florida and have for several years. I found 3FC this morning and am so grateful. Just for today, my mindset was different - found myself approaching food choices differently and actually both took a little walk and did some house cleaning instead of none. I was veggie for 17 years 'til I met my southern sweetheart.....
Calmontflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:34 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello and welcome! Glad you are here. I am a former Fort Lauderdale "girl" but I did not like all the sun and heat so came back to my beloved cooler, rainy Seattle!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote