Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 476/476/170

Height: 5'7''

Default New Girl from Miami

Hi everyone!

My name is Ana and I'm new here. I joined today - and I've been considering joining this forum for quite some time now. I've always been heavy but in the last few years, my weight has gotten out of control.

When I finished college I was already around 330 lbs and now, at the age of 29, I'm up to 476 lbs. I know my lifestyle has to change - I'm a chronic fast food addict! :P Over the past year, I've developed severe sleep apnea and have to wear a CPAP at night. Very scary. Also, my doctor has informed me that I have pre-diabetes, which scared me to death.

Anyway, glad to be here! And I'm happy to be in a supportive environment!
AnaFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome, Ana! I used to live in FL and have been to Miami a few times. It's an awesome place! I developed sleep apnea because of my weight gain as well, but thankfully, since I started losing weight, I haven't had any episodes in almost two months. It's a horrible thing to have, isn't it? Well, you've definitely come to the right place for support and motivation! You're already on your first steps toward an awesome journey. I look forward to reading up on your progress!!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Ana

I used to live in Fort Lauderdale

So glad you are getting started on your weight loss. There are a lot of us here facing that issue also.

Do you have an eating and exercise plan in mind?

You can do it!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 476/476/170

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
Hi Ana

I used to live in Fort Lauderdale

So glad you are getting started on your weight loss. There are a lot of us here facing that issue also.

Do you have an eating and exercise plan in mind?

You can do it!
Haha! Plan? No, not yet. I definitely need something low-impact. I can't even walk on the treadmill for 5 minutes right now. And I need to cut out fast food all together. I eat that trash way too much.

Other than that, not much of a plan yet!
AnaFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

your plan sounds like my plan....

I sometimes have eaten take out everyday of the week...

my beginning plan is to cook more, order less and add in an exercise routine.

Best of luck on your journey
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #6  
xangelicox

S/C/G: 290

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I'm new here also! so this is what i've been doing. im cutting out soda really good. i only give myself one soda a day just so i do have a relapse and just go crazy on soda! I'm also a fast food addict.. i eat out like 4 times a week..... but its usually right before i go to work or while im on break at work... i want to try and pre plan meals but i dont know how to go about it. Good luck!
xangelicox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #7  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

Hi and welcome!! There is definitely a good support community on this board! Ugh, I know what you mean about fast food though. I just read all the posts and I can relate. Fast food is one of the reasons that got my weight up. Well, that and baby weight I just kept on after having my son. Why does it have to be sooo tasty?!

If a carrot tasted like a big mac, I would would be a vegetarian, lol

Anyway, all you need to be is motivated, and it looks like you have the motivation to lose weight. Best of luck and hope to see more posts from you soon!

Last edited by Stars; 11-09-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote