Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

Height: 5'3"

Smile New & happy to be here!

Hey there, I'm Debbi and I'm new here. About 8 years ago I lost 35 lbs by doing WW online and using the support they have there. When I got pregnant with my now 6 yo I stopped all WW at my Dr.s insistence, for the first 6 months of that pregnancy I did not gain 1 lb, I was eating very healthy and the baby got every single calorie I consumed as he grew normally. I gained 12 lbs total during the pregnancy which I lost after I had him. I have kept that 35 lbs off since then but I have not lost any more.
It's time for me to get back to losing my weight, I have been having problems with anemia to the point where I am on IV iron injections because my body simply refuses to absorb iron from what I eat or pill form. I have also been having heart palpitations and chest pain off & on for about 3 1/2 months, failed a stress test in September and then last week got mixed results on a cardiolite stress test, I failed the stress test portion with my abnormal heartbeat but the pictures were inconclusive. I followed that up with 3 days in the hospital due to increasing chest pains and Tuesday had a cardiac catheterization which thank God showed no blockages. I have to follow up with the Dr. to see what we are going to do about my abnormal heartbeat but I'm pretty sure he's going to say "diet and exercise"... which I agree with. I have a huge family history of heart disease and what's happened over the past couple of months has made me realize that I need to deal with this now. Last week I went online and got a WW at home kit with points plus calculator on Ebay for a lot cheaper than they have it at WW, I have a very limited budget but know I can be successful on WW and it's how I prefer to lose weight.
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone because I believe that having support is the biggest key in losing weight.
NicksAutieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Debbi Good for you, getting back to healthy eating! Best of luck to you on WW, and welcome to 3FC!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote