Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/146/135

Height: 5'5

Default Fresh Meat

Hi all.
I joined here looking for what I imagine a lot of you are hoping for as well - accountability and support.

While I was pregnant with my son (7 years ago!) I gained a great deal of weight and aside from 15 pound up and downs, it's been with me ever since. I'm tired of being fat and ready to get serious about my health and weight loss. I am 196 pounds and my end goal is 135-140, however I would like to be 160 by my 30th birthday in June.

I know what needs to be done. I have to eat more protein, less carbs (my Achilles heel, as I'm a vegetarian), eat smaller portions, stop night snacking, and make substantial exercise a daily routine as opposed to an occasional chore.

If anyone would like to be accountability buddies (or whatever you call it?), hit me up. I'm friendly and super easy to talk to, but promise to verbally kick your *** if you fall off the wagon as long as you'll do the same for me.
Clumsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome, Clumsy! I'm a vegetarian too and was once asked how it was possible to not eat meat and be my weight My answer: Lots of bread, LOTS of cheese. I can also eat chocolate by the pound and used to be proud about downing an entire large pizza in one sitting. I know. Gross. I'm about two months into my weightloss and so far it's been great. I've never been motivated this long. This site is a big reason for that. Lots of supportive motivating ladies here. We have some challenges going on in the challenges thread that you should totally check out. It's helped to keep me accountable and on plan. I also use a MOTOACTV to track my steps/calories/exercises. Some girls here use a Fitbit or a phone app.

Are you doing a particular diet or meal plan? Got any fitness goals?
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #3  

Thanks Lakilaulea

My diet plan is to just pay more attention and kep my calorie intake at 1200-1400/day. I started one of those Fitday things to help me keep track. I'll check out the fitbit app too. I've never kept written record before and I know from experience I get sloppy with what I eat if I don't keep records. My fitness goals are to do the Biggest Loser video workouts 4 days a week (they are kind of cheesy but I feel really good after doing them) and treadmill hike or swim the remaining three days. I'm open to ideas and adjustments, but I basically just want to do something substantially physical (sweaty!) every day so it becomes habit.

I'll check out the challenges section for sure. Thank you for the warm welcome!

And good work so far! I hope I can make similar progress in the next couple months

Last edited by Clumsy; 11-07-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #5  

Thanks Misti!