Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #1  
Super Awesome

S/C/G: Starting: 280... Goal: 150

Height: 5'4"

Cool Chubby in MN

Hey all! Love this forum.

Ok here's a little about me...

I have 3 kids (under the age of 3) and had 3 c-sections. Yes, I know CRAZY!

I accepted my overweightness and blamed it on my kids and genetics. Well.. that's getting really old and now I'm ready for a change. I was actually looking into Gastric Bypass surgery but opted out until I give one last try to losing weight.

Currently, I weigh 280 which a lot of people don't believe me but yea I do. The best size I've been was 150 which is my goal. I'm naturally thick bone and not looking to be a size 0 at all! I like my meat on my bones! lol.

I can't tell you how many programs and diets I've been on, its out of control. I'm currently doing the 90 challenge with Visalus Sciences and will see how that goes. Heck, I have nothing to lose.

So now, I get up and take my Visalus Shakes and supplements. Pop in my Insanity video and attempt to do at least an 1/2 hour of it before my kids wake up. Get them ready. Take them to daycare, go to work. I do little changes like stairs or parking in the way back. I'll have an apple for instance since I think I have an oral fixation problem, lol (I don't smoke). I know that sounds sad, but I guess it comes from years of constantly stuffing my face.

For lunch, have another shake and some vegetables to snack on.

Get done with work, get the kids. Cook dinner like baked chicken and veggies.

Then we all do this really cook workout video for kids. My toddlers mostly just jump up and down but it actually builds up a sweat, lol.

Then for snack we have fruit (since I have a sweet tooth and it's either that or cookies)... then start the day over the next day.

So this is just an example of a typical day. I'm trying ladies! Trying to motivate myself each and everyday. Tired of shopping at Lane Bryant, damit! lol.

Ok, I'm done ranting and introducing myself. Can't wait to meet other ladies like me who live a chaotic busy life but still incorporating weight loss into their schedules
MNBabyFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! Where do you live in Minnesota ? I am a native of Minnesota, and I can tell you we Minnesota ladies can do whatever we set our mind to.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #3  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome, Glad to have you join us. My advice is to look for a Support group, Chat, or Challange to join; small groups make it easier to get connected. Most sub-forums have groups covering almost every need, find one that inspires or motivates you and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #4  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #5  

MNBabyFat - Congrats on the start of your journey! So I wanted to check back in and see how things are going for you. I started the challenge 17 days ago and I've lost 10.3 lbs thus far. I'm a former collegiate athlete that started the challenge at 6'1 227.5 lbs. I wasn't technically overweight due to my muscle definition but I was definitely not happy with where I was at.

The biggest problem with me was my nutrition. I am a finicky eater and do not enjoy fruits and veggies as much as I would like to. In this aspect, the challenge was perfect for me. Over my two weeks thus far my meals would consist of: breakfast shake with silk almond milk. I would then have a Neuro mixed with water. For lunch I would have a deli sandwich and a salad. Light ranch on the salad, no dressings on the sandwich. We often get a lot of extra calories from condiments, mayonaise should be avoided. For an afternoon snack I would have the nutri cookie. Then before the gym I would take the Go drink and while I'm working out drink the pro mix in drink. Then I would come home shower and relax taking in my final shake at 8 pm. I would consistantly drink water throughout the day to make sure my stomach never felt empty and it also helps the digestive process. I found that I was not getting enough calories on workout days so I added an egg white omelet as my morning snack.

The steps you've instituted will yield results. Stay the course. Stairs, parking in the back, walking more will show positive results, just be patient. People today want immediate gratification for our actions, that's not how the world works. You make these positive choices for a long period of time, they become habits, and positive habits leads to positive changes. Do not get discouraged, remember 3,500 calories equals a pound, so 3,500 calorie deficit equals a pound lost. Avoid hidden calorie boosters like cheese, bacon, lots of bread, and dressings!
ormcclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to a fellow Minnesnowtan
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome! I am also a Minnesotan!! Pretty soon we can have our own board! ;-)
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote