Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3

Question Im new and confused.

Hiya!
Well my name is Adriana, I am 18. I was surfing through the net when i found this website. ( I know this might sound a little creepy) I been reading the goal stories and it inspired me to register and try to know about this website. I see many share their story on loosing weight. I also want to loose wight. You see i have a daughter and when i had her i was 134 lbs. but now i'm almost 200. I just feel so bad about all this and my low self esteem does not work. SO for the past 2 years i have tried diets but i never loose the weight i have tried exercising but i don't know why it never seems to work for me. and now since i am in college and my whole schedule is messed and i am busy with school work and my daughter it makes it harder for me to exercise. i guess what i am trying to say is where do i start?? i guess i just need that little nudge.

-Sorry if i don't make sense i just wrote down what i had in mind.i'm just so confused.
Perez13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #2  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome Adriana!

It can indeed be confusing. Did you have a certain plan in mind that you'd like to do?

If not...maybe browse the forums here to see what others are doing and whether the plan would fit into your lifestyle.

For myself, I've found that counting calories and exercising regularly has worked the best. If you're interested in this method, I'm happy to elaborate and/or answer questions. There is also a "Calorie Counters" forum.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmos View Post
Welcome Adriana!

It can indeed be confusing. Did you have a certain plan in mind that you'd like to do?

If not...maybe browse the forums here to see what others are doing and whether the plan would fit into your lifestyle.

For myself, I've found that counting calories and exercising regularly has worked the best. If you're interested in this method, I'm happy to elaborate and/or answer questions. There is also a "Calorie Counters" forum.
That's great. that's been working for you. it's just Haha I'm Mexican and everything i cook is fatty! But i Dont really have time to exercise, i Dont think which is good since i know its important.
Perez13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:33 AM   #4  
RawFoodie Maintainer :)

Height: 5'5

If you don't know how to start exercising and what to do, maybe get some kind of DVD program (I'm a huge fan of Turbo Fire for example but there are so many that are all great) or go to some fitness or dance classes at local gyms or dance studios to get moving and have some fun!

Also walking more is really good for you. Like parking a little further away from school for example and walking the rest of the way? Or taking the stairs instead of elevators. Or go to further away rest rooms during the day. All these things are great way to add more activity to your day without taking extra time. And stuff like walking is something you could do with your daughter in the stroller as well! I'm sure she'd really enjoy exploring the world outside

Other than that.. haha well try to explore how you could eat a little healthier and use less fat to cook? More fresh fruit and veggies and smaller portions of fatty foods maybe? I love making fruit smoothies with a bunch of spinach in there (you can't even taste it!!) - they're super filling, yummy and really great for you.

Just a few ideas for you. Welcome here and yay for starting your journey
InspiredBy is offline   Reply With Quote