Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/284/200

Height: 5"11

Lightbulb Roller Coaster

Well, I have not been on here for years..I used to be under the user name Misden..but that was before the divorce..before my mom passed away..and before I was raising 2 teenage girls.
This place has changed alot and it will take days for me to navigate through it all
So..a little about my hitting rock bottom....
Went to an amusement park yesterday with some friends..mind you I am 41...and as we got on a Roller Coaster and my anxiety was already very high...you guessed it..the bar would not come down over my belly...
well..it turned out the lady came over and clicked it down twice, and although i was sitting there with like a stuffed sausage, while my male companion just did not know know what to say..I was MORTIFIED!!
So the rest of the day..although I would have overcame my fear of heights and my panic attacks..I did not attempt to ride anything else for fear of getting kicked off for being too BIG.
So..now I know why I am single..and my life is spiraling out of control--need to get on track..and get healthy!! I do not know how this will work out--but here I am!!
mistyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215.4/206.4/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Sitting down in a theater or airline seat that is too tight or not being able to latch the bar or the safety belt can be a real reality check. But getting a grip on reality is just one of the many challenges we must take on. That's why you are here and that's why I am here. Repeat after me: We will not give up on enjoying the thrill and joy of riding roller coasters. We can do this and we will do this.
dajb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #3  
lilmomma2011

Welcome back! I have found that this website has been the extra kick I need to get my life in check. One of my a-ha moments was when I had to use the seatbelt extender on the airplane. We CAN do this! We MUST do this!!

Be well
bigprettymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Welcome back! I know what you mean about being too big to fit into places! I am just now not "cringing" when I go into a restaurant and my friends want to it in a booth, because now I know I can fit into them unless they are really tiny.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote