Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/195.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Starting today with the simple diet plan

Hi everyone. I am new to this site, but not at all new to dieting. I just turned 32 last week and my weight has fluctuated up and down by 20 lbs all of my adult life. My "normal" weight is 180. I have a large frame and can wear a size 12 at this weight, this is my good weight. I am up to 200 lbs right now; this is the stopping point for me usually. I usually see that number on the scale and its a wakeup call to do something. So hear I am, doing something . I'd really like to get down to 170 this time, 165 is my dream weight. 155 was my smallest weight ever and it wasn't really comfortable for me. I was starving and working my butt off to try to maintain it. Anyway, I am trying out the simple diet by dr. anderson. It seems really easy and doable for me. So here is to getting back in my size 12 jeans by xmas!!!
gettingbackinmyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:42 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I started The Simple Diet today too. I'm not new to the site, or even to the diet (this isn't my first start. I've been researching and experimenting with PSMF's (protein sparing modified fasts) for a couple months now, but I've been using them sporadically, mostly just on days that I didn't feel like using my "stand-by" exchange plan.

I've decided to jump into the PSMF pool with both feet, so to speak, so I've been reading and posting in the "Dr. Anderson's Simple Diet" thread and also in the other PSM forums and threads (Ideal Protein, Medifast, HMR...).

Hope you like it here (you will, it's a great place).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/195.0/165

Thanks!! I have done well so far. I am hoping to stick to the simple diet plan for a couple wks for a jump start and then move to calorie counting.
gettingbackinmyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingbackinmyjeans View Post
Thanks!! I have done well so far. I am hoping to stick to the simple diet plan for a couple wks for a jump start and then move to calorie counting.

I'm sort of doing the reverse. I've used quite a few different kinds of plans to get the weight off over the last few years, usually I convert them into exchange plans. I like exchange plans for calorie counting, because it helps me keep my diet balanced (otherwise I tend to go on food jags).

I think for maintenance I'll probably be doing a semi-paleo diet of some kind, if not an exchange plan, but I've had a hard time getting and staying under 290, so I'm trying to see if The Simple Diet will help.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote