Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-26-2012, 02:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/203/110

Height: 5'3

Default I gave my brother the Ice cream.

Hi, I am 21, 22 next month, and am now serious about losing weight. I have always started diets, and then cravings kicked in and I caved. I was starting to eat healthy but then my favorite ice cream (Americone dream, a ben&jerrys flavor) was on sale...so I bought it. While my brother was here visiting he asked if he could take it when he left, as it is his favorite too, but I said no. By the time he left though, I had reminded myself that I didn't need that ice cream, that ice cream wasn't going to help me reach my goal, so I gave it to him. I was glad that I didn't give up on what I want most(weight loss, better health) for what I wanted in the moment (ice cream).

I am looking forward to reading all of your stories about what has helped you, and hopefully it will inspire me even more.
Athousandquestions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

Well done! I wish I could be that strong. I also wish I had a brother who would come into my house and point out the bad things I'm eating! :-)
runthecontinent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Americone Dream is my FAVORITE flavor!! It's right up there with Cinnamon Bun and Peach Cobbler!! I used to walk slowly and stare longingly at the Ben & Jerry's section while I was out grocery shopping. Now I don't even give myself that. I know there's no reason for me to even be in that aisle, so I skip it altogether. Good for you! Sounds like you're off to a great start!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Congrats on your great start in giving away your ice cream! Eating it is not worth wearing it!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote