Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/239.6/149

Height: 5'4"

Default Newbie in town... 57 down and 91 to go!

Hi ~ I just joined and I'm here looking for support...

I started the journey in January and have "dumped" 57 pounds so far - I kind of hate to say I've lost weight because somewhere in my head whenever I say I've lost something - a trigger goes off and I have to immediately find it!

Lately I've been feeling more emotional, particularly in stressful situations at work. Some times it even feels like a physical response like I can feel the adrenaline surging and before I used food as a coping mechanism. I'm not really sure what to do now that I don't turn to food!
FreyjaLRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #2  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to 3FC and congrats on your progress so far!

I'm sorry about the stressful work situation; I am a recovering emotional/binge eater, so I can relate to the feeling of food for comfort and coping. I have replaced that urge with exercise or making a cup of tea to sip to keep my mouth occupied.

You'll find lots of great advice, support, and friendship here.

Best of luck as you continue your weight loss journey!
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #3  
practicing what i teach

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 3.5"

hi n welcome! like beck ill find something to do usually walk or make a cup of coffee to sip on! ur gonna love it here n the support is awesome! the tips r all tried n true learned the hard way n well meant options for u on just about any n all topics! great job so far n best of luck with the rest!!!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote