Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-01-2012, 02:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/290/175

Height: 5'6"

Wink The prodigal daughter returns

About 7 yrs ago I was on here but thought I had "it" handled.... Well, guess what ?? I was so wrong. But back to basics...

Hello, I am a mother of 4 and have been married to my husband for 17 yrs this November. Shortly after we moved into our house I had joined and was doing pretty good ~ if memory serves me I had lost about 25 lbs with the help and support of everyone. I still had a ways to go but life interfered... My mother passed away and weight loss and getting healthy feel into the pool of dispair that I was living in. Unfortunately, I gained that back and over the last 7 yrs got up as high as 311 lbs. I had no idea until I got weighed at the Dr. office. I was so ashamed and embarrassed. I couldn't believe it. I didn't feel that big. I was still doing everything I wanted to.I couldn't understand how I could have gained that much. Took about 6 months for denial to fade and I slowly started making a few minor changes. Step 1 I quit drinking pop. I didn't drink a lot to begin with so it seemed an easy challenge to do. I also FINALLY quit smoking in June of 2010 so now on to the harder task ... Losing this weight. Actually trying and not just wanting to be thinner and healthier. Trying. I had a moment about a week ago listening to the radio on my way to work where Katy Perry was singing "Wide Awake" and I thought... I am ... I am wide awake, and I don't want this life anymore!

So, hi. I am glad to be back and looking forward to making some new friends, to help and support anyway possible and of course losing this weight.
Aragorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi and welcome back! Glad you decided to work at this again! Been there, done that, but we just have to jump back on the wagon! Good for you.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote