Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #1  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

Wink Hello! Newbie from Chicago!

Hello, everyone! I began my weight loss journey in February on my 28th birthday. After dieting and halfheartedly exercising in the past and not really getting anywhere with it, I decided to give my all to this project. My mother and some friends had some success on Weight Watchers, so I began that as well, with their support.

This last weigh in was a big one for me - 50 pounds gone! I want to lose 120 pounds altogether, but I make small goals for myself and celebrate them all. Every time I lose ten pounds or another 5% of my original weight or get another 10% closer to my ultimate goal, I let myself get excited. My next big milestones will be reaching the halfway mark in my weight loss and then getting out of the 200s - only 11.4 more pounds! Right now, I am enjoying this journey and all of the benchmarks I am achieving and all of the things that I am learning about my body. I can JOG! For a sustained period of time! It's a miracle! The unseasonably warm winter we had here in Chicago definitely helped with this - so thanks, global warming!

Even 50 pounds down, my life is different in so many little ways that I never could have anticipated. For instance, I work as a waitress in a small but often crowded restaurant. Being able to move around and between people in small places has made my job SO MUCH EASIER.

I'm really excited to be joining this group. In the past, I have enjoyed scrolling through your posts and reading about other people's journeys. I had been a bit too nervous to join before, but I've finally done it!
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum!! A huge congrats on your 50lb loss. Amazing!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/200/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Chicago newbie!
I joined last week and could spend my whole days reading these women's stories. I'm on my second round of South Beach. During the first round, I bought myself an empty Pandora silver bracelet and each time I lost 3 lbs, I rewarded myself with a new bead. I have 5 beads now but the last one was added about 4 months ago. Soooo I'm back on SBD and hoping to put more beads on my bracelet. I lived in Mt. Prospect 40 years ago when I was in high school. I miss Chi Town!
WaycoolmrsL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:18 AM   #4  

Thank you for the welcome! WaycoolmrsL, the charm bracelet is a really neat and creative motivation for losing weight. I hope that you get to add many more beads to it soon!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #5  
I See Less Every Day

Welcome this is a great place for weight loss support I just went back on plan today. I live in the far west suburbs so its always nice to see other locals!
clessofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #6  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome and congrats on your success so far!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:28 AM   #7  

Hello! Me too! It looks like we have about the same weight loss goals and distance to said goals!!
Forphopeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #8  

Thank you! clessofme - good luck getting back on plan!

Forphopeeks - That's so awesome! Let's be weight loss buddies!