Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 128.5/128.5/113

Height: 5ft 2

Smile First timer- any guidance?

Hi everyone! I've been reading these forums for a while now and I decided it was about time for me to be apart of them. I'm sixteen years old and I'll be a junior in high school in about a month. This is my first time trying to lose weight and develop healthy habits so I look forward to your guidance. :-)

Here's my list on why I want to do this:
1. I want to be more confident.
2. I want to be more comfortable with my appearance. (Sometimes I let my poor body image stop me from doing things I like such as hanging out with friends, going to certain events, etc. It needs to stop.)
3. I want to develop healthy habits before college, where I know it'll be hard for me to make sure I'm eating right and getting some kind of exercise.
4. I want to be healthy and pretty so my mom and grandma can be proud of me.
5. I want to take preventive measures against different illness, diseases, etc.

Thanks so much for listening!

Oh! And I'm 5ft 2 and 1/4. I'm about 128lbs. I don't really know how I should go about setting a goal weight for myself. Should I pick what weight I was happiest at my current height and start from there?
Rose Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/135/125-120

Height: 5'7

Hey you

You seem to have all the right reasons for losing weight, which is a totally awesome thing! Good luck on your new lifestyle, it takes a while (and some hard work) but after a few weeks, its almost like second nature, and in a few months, its your life style

I'm pretty young here too at 15, so maybe well understand each other more?

Hope you love it here Good luck doll!

P.S. I love the idea of "whatever weight made you happiest at your hight" If you find somewere you'd be happier, it's always a good starting point Good luck!!
lyssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #3  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like you're in this for healthy reasons which is great! I'm a little older than you but I teach dance to high school age girls every day so I think I can kind of relate

I for sure think that you should just go for whatever weight you are the happiest at. Make the healthy changes (whatever that means for you.. cutting out soda? limiting sugar? more exercise?) and see where that leads you.

I think that just the act of TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF can give you a big confidence boost.

Don't get too stressed out about the numbers right now, but on making healthy lifestyle changes. Good luck!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189.4/173.8/150

Height: 6'

Hey there! Im headed into my senior year, so we are pretty close in age! You and I have all the same reasons to change our lifestyles. We are sooo lucky because we are still so young, and our bodies will bounce back really fast! It's also such a wonderful thing to learn NOW how to be healthy, so we can be healthy for the rest of our lives, raise healthy families, and life long full lives! It really does have to be a lifestyle change though I've realized. Otherwise this is the beginning of some bad yo-yo-ing for the future. And personally, I don want to be trying to fix myself when I get up to a super high weight when I'm old, when I can change it now and live the rest of my life how I have always wanted to! Good luck!!

Xxo
KatieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 128.5/128.5/113

Height: 5ft 2

lyssie- Hehe hello back at you! Thanks for the motivating response! I'll have to keep an eye out for you around the forums here. It's nice to know a few people kinda like myself. :-) I have decided to go for 113. It's an odd number, I know, but I remember being pretty happy right around there so I'll give it a shot. Best of luck to you okay?

danzingurl77- I completely agree with you. Already I feel a bit better about myself. Working towards a goal always feels good and it's always great to know you're taking care of yourself. I can't wait to see how I'll be a month from now! I've decided to get more exercise and cut out really salty and sugary stuff. I'll see how it goes. Thanks for the response! Also I really like your goal. You're really cool. See you around then!

KatieBug- Congrats- senior year is a big year! Yeah we're really lucky to still be young. It's great getting a head start on things. Plus things you learn when you're still young stick. I want to make sure good things stick. As you said it needs to be a life-long thing. I want the weight to stay off and my healthy habits to stay on. It's a lifelong process and journey and I'm okay with that. Like you I want to stop it in it's tracks before it gets harder to fix. Thanks for the supportive and encouraging response. Best of luck to you my friend <3!
Rose Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote