Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/245/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Hi all.

Hi. My name is Crystal and I am a chronic diet failure. I found this site and I am hoping that it gives me the boost I need. I am currently the biggest I have ever been in my life. But when I try to "diet" my mind goes crazy. I feel hungry all the time...I think of nothing but food. And therefore usually have a big setback by mid day. Will power is just not one of my strengths. I recently joined Weight Watchers with my sister hoping that we can do this together. Week one...big disappointment. Any tips to keep me on track and in the right direction is what I need. Thank you.
Crystal404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #2  
RJR

S/C/G: 235/185/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Welcome, Crystal

I don't have any advice because I just started this two weeks ago (for real started, despite trying for years) but I wanted to say welcome and I hope you find your will power.
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #3  

Thanks. Good luck to you too.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

Default Don't give up

Hi Crystal!

Just don't give up... For me personally I had to "behave" my way to success. I hate the words diet and excercise - but more than just hating the words I hate having to do them!

But sometimes success is something that happens after you're successful... Sounds crazy? no, it's not.

If you force yourself to be good for one day - no matter what - then the success of that day will likely carry you through to the next. Sometimes you need a few days of just completely pushing yourself despite NOT wanting to do it, but soon, after a day, or three, or a week, all of the sudden you will notice a change in your attitude.

Suddenly, if you try to run as your wokout, you'll notice you can run a little faster. If you do a DVD you'll might notice that you can go longer before you take a break. And that will keep you going!

I lost 50 lbs on WW in my early 20's, and although I'm not with them now, I know that it can be a great organization. It won't be perfect week in and week out, but the point is to keep going.

I know a quote (don't know who said it) and it goes something like, "A year from now you will wish you had started today." You can start small, just try making healthier choices (no diet, but maybe a banana instead of cake ) and even if you lose no more than a pound every week you'll be 50 pounds lighter next year!

Sorry for the long post, but I'm really cheering for you!

Don't give up! You know exactly how things will look if you don't do something , but how might everything change if you do? right?

1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #5  

Thank you for that. I love the quote you put in there. I might have to use that in my every day life...put it on a post-it note where I can see it! I appreciate everything you said.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #6  

Hi Crystal, I am also new to the forum and I also lack of will power that is why I have joined this forum so I can meet people with the same interest as I. We can all do this together, we should keep in touch and maybe keep each other in track throughout the day.
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #7  

WhoDat730 is offline   Reply With Quote