Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #1  

Smile New Here & Looking for Support

Hi Everyone! I'm new here and excited to join the group.

I'm a new mommy who has 45 pounds to lose. The first few weeks of being a new mommy were so tough and tiring. But now I realize the hard part has yet to come...I need to lose my baby weight! I'm dying to fit back into my old clothes.

I'm hoping to use this forum to make some friends who are going through a similar thing, hear your success stories and get support for my own (future!) success story!

I just consulted with a Doctor and I'm officially starting my diet tomorrow. I'll be drinking Optifast meal replacement shakes, appetite control snacks and vitamin injections to help boost my metabolism. I'm thinking with this type of program I can't fail...right??

Has anyone here done tried these vitamin injections before? Lipotropics its called. I'm hoping it works.

I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes!
NewMommy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160

Height: 5'3

Congratulations, how old is your little one? If you are breastfeeding its is amazing and helping lose that pregnancy weight! Welcome to the group and I hope have great success!
Butterfly2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations on being a new mother! I've never heard of the vitamin injections that you mentioned, but I haven't tried to lose weight under doctor's supervision (good idea), either. Good luck, and see you on the boards!
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #4  

Thanks ladies! My little one just turned 8 weeks old. I'm not breastfeeding (lack of milk supply) so unfortunately I'm not getting the added benefits of weight loss from nursing.

The vitamin injections have been amazing so far! The B vitamins in the mixture help put me in a great mood and give me energy. I surprisingly have energy at the end of the day to go to the gym (when my hubby comes home and gives me time off from the little one).

Doctor's supervision is key. There are so many dangerous diets and pills out there, it's nice to know you're doing it safely. The doctor I am seeing is Dr. Kerendian - he has a California practice, but he does a special program for patients who live outside the area. You can schedule telephone consultation and buy products from his website.
NewMommy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote