Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #1  

Default New member Intro

Hello!

My name is Jodi and I am 41 yrs old, mom to a college junior and college sophomore.

I am new to the forums but not to dieting as I have been overweight to some extent all of my life. I have tried many different plans, but the most successful for me has been WW, so when I get back on the dieting wagon, that is where I look for weight loss.

About 5 yrs ago was the last time I had done WW and I kept it off until about 2 yrs ago when I started having some stomach issues and I pretty much gained all my weight back in a few months. I really got to thinking that maybe I can help with the health probs as well as weight if I were to eat differently so in May I stopped drinking my beloved Diet Pepsi. If anything, I did start sleeping a lot better, but only about 4 lbs came off.

It was this past week that I got out all of my WW booklets and decided I am going to DO THIS! I have had a pretty successful week and even exercised 3 days. At the end of week one, I am down 1.5 pounds and I am pretty happy with that. My first short-term goal is to get to onderland! Ultimately I would like to see 160, but will be happy anwhere in the 160-180 range (trying to be realistic here!).

I would like to make friends and give and receive support. Can't wait to get to know you all!

-Jodi
215- Start May 2012
211.3- WW- July 2012
209.8- Current
199- First Goal of Onderland
Jp7189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #2  

I would like to suggest to people that no matter what diet plan you follow, you should try to keep a food diary at least for a little while. The past week and a half I have been able to trace some of my issues I have to deal with back to certain foods and or drinks. This has been a real eye opener for me. :-)
Jp7189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 193.5/183.5/160

Height: 5'10"

Keeping a food diary has been key to my weight loss. I actually created an Excel spreadsheet with all of the formulas setup to calculate lbs lost, % lost, etc.... I also have a table that lines out all of my mini-goals with their goal weight and the prize that I can look forward to when I accomplish the goals!

Several of my friends loved it and now we are all setup on a shared Google doc to track our efforts. We can then comment and support each other using that spreadsheet!
allygirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote