Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/200/150

Height: 5'2

Default Finally motivated :)

Hey everyone.

My name is Jillian, I am a 24 year old, 5'2, female living with her boyfriend in a tiny tiny tiny apartment in Massachusetts.

I have struggled with weight issues since I was around 15 years old. It was a drastic change, I was 130 healthy pounds during my freshman year of high school, but I had also been dealing with a lot of bullying for years, which made me unhealthy mentally. I ended up in a hospital for almost a month and hence where my weight issues started. I was put on 2 different medications, one that has weight gain as a side effect. The age and state I was in I had no choice bu to take it...to be honest I really didn't know what or why I was taking what I was taking. I gained 30 pounds in a little less than a month and I have never seen 130 again.

I basically accepted that I was stuck the way I was. I had done weight watchers for prom, it felt great, but I went right back up and over what I was before then as the years past. I am currently 225 and not feeling so great about my size, but feeling incredibly motivated to lose it and feel good again.

The last kick in the butt was a brutal mean thing. I was at my boyfriends bands show, and me being one of the guys got made fun of, which is pretty common. Fat jokes left and right...didn't care at first but it almost started to get abusive. I did talk to the person making them later on and he apologized profusely. It still didn't feel all that great.

I later that week took a gym trip with a friend and it felt amazing, I had forgotten how great it felt to work out...I am picking up a treadmill cheap today since I can't afford to get to a gym, or pay their membership fees, and plan on working out daily, and I mean daily. I also have taken steps to follow the weight watchers plan I was on back in 2005, it worked and I loved it. No meetings, but the points system.

Sorry for the ramble there is just so much support here and I wanted to be open and honest. I have not worked fully on my weight ever, and I am ready. I hope to grow supports through this forum and thank people in advance. Ready to really get into this weight loss trip!
AbnormalRhombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum.
It sounds like you have a good plan for staring your weight loss journey.
I wish you all the best!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Hey there, AbnormalRhombus (love the name)!
Welcome to 3FC! I'm pretty new, myself, but I check in every day, because it's heartening to read everyone else's stories. It looks like you are pretty motivated to accomplish your goal. Good luck!
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! You're already motivated to lose weight so the rest comes easily! This site has changed my life and I know it can help you too. Good luck on your journey
queenie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/200/150

Height: 5'2

haha thank you everyone! I appreciate the warm welcomes!

My username kind of dates back I read a comic...with a rhombus in it, which made me name my cat that I used to have. Now it is just what I base my life around yknow? I figure I am imperfect like a rhombus is an imperfect square ahaha. I prefer it that way
AbnormalRhombus is offline   Reply With Quote