Hi guys !! - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/257/140

Height: 5'8

Talking Hi guys !!

Hello! I'm 30 years old and female, up north in the Netherlands. Sadly I wasnt able to find a forum supporting weightloss with friendly people in my own country but fortunately I'm pretty good at English.

Since I was 12 I started to put on weight due to sad family stuff and stress eating. Also, grandparents, greatgrand parents and parents had trouble with weight. Receintly I seriously made up my mind to lose weight and to do it via the thing I dreaded for many years. Running !

I hated it with a passion during PE and mainly because I was the one heaving and panting, and last runner during each PE class. PE teachers seemed like merciless sadistic beings driving me to my death. Memories really arent fun concerning my Highschool.

However, since walking no longer helps me with losing weight. And neither does my daily cycling to work and back, it's become that time heavy equipment has to be utalised. Running !

I got my running shoes, I got my shorts, I'll be walking outside the village, ignoring what people might say, have my MP3 ready with music/coaching files ready...and instead of just delaying and waiting for another day, DO IT.

I hope you will embrace me and guide me, as well as support me through my endevours to go from 257 pounds, to 143. I'm very good for hugs and easy to like as well as anxious to meet everyone, see you guys in a bit!

ps: I apologise if there are multiple threads but I seem to get blank pages when posting in IE, now using Mozilla.
Sashida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #2  

Good for you!

I've started on a program called couch to 5k that has helped me get in the rhythm of running. You start out a bit slowly with walking for most of the 30 minutes but as you progress through the program you gradually increase your running and decrease your walking.

I'm currently on week 4 of 9.
bigmike7801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #3  

Hi bigmike,

Perhaps that might be better for me. had to run 2 min then walk for a few and repeat. Could only manage 1 minute. I guess (tomorrow is a pause day) I will repeat it next time on monday till i can manage 2 running minutes and then continue with lesson 2. Meanwhile I'll look up your method.

Thanks for your kind welcome
Old 07-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Sashida, welcome and good luck ! Do you have a diet program to go along with your exercise ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #5  

I think it's a pretty good program and the nice thing is that if you don't feel like you're ready to move on to the next step, you don't have to!
bigmike7801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #6  

Hello Bargoo! Thanks for the welcome, I do not have a diet plan exactly but I eat little already, I'm changing to more cornflakes and fruits though. All in moderation though. Already tossed out potato chips on which I liked to nibble.

Bigmike thanks, I'll definitely look it up !!

- I found the information really good and its NHS supported which makes it a HUGE thing for me. They are very picky I will definitely give this a try next time. Thanks for pointing me at it.

Last edited by Sashida; 07-07-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: added some info