Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #1  
ReStarted IP 26 June 2012

S/C/G: 199.8/See ticker/135

Height: 5'3.5"

Smile Hi Everyone! I'm Kristin from Colorado Springs

Hi there, my name is Kristin. I am new to this forum, and up until I turned 40 I never had to worry about my weight.

I was the typical eat anything I wanted, and never gained weight until "that time of life" happened. My introduction to "that time of life," however, did not occur naturally. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and had a full hysterectomy/oopherectomy and slammed into full-on menopause.

While I can say I have not missed TOM, I can also say that HRT has been a blessing/bane. Since then, I have struggled with weight, and I have also discovered I am gluten intolerant. Do you know how many foods gluten is in? Yeah, just about everything.

My history with IP. March 2010, a friend of mine introduced me to IP. My wedding was in October 2010, and I wanted/needed to lose weight. I lost 35 pounds on it, pretty much without trying.

After the wedding, I thought I could do it on my own. Um, yeah. Went back to my old eating ways and gained back even more than ever. My new All time High/Low of 199.8 pounds. Ack! Ended up in the emergency room on June 17th with chest pains. Inconclusive EKG test results, possibly GERD, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, yada yada.

Yeah, that's not working for me, so I'm back on IP since June 22nd. It's July 2nd and I'm down 12 pounds already!

This works for me!
cskristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Kristin- welcome to the board! Congrats on the success with IP. I haven't tried it, but I'm curious about it since it seems to work so well for people.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Kristin! Welcome to the board. Twelve pounds down already... that's awesome! Congrats
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
Kristin- welcome to the board! Congrats on the success with IP. I haven't tried it, but I'm curious about it since it seems to work so well for people.
Thanks, EagleRiverDee. I'm hoping to get to goal weight by September 24th. That's my DH's (50th - shhhh!) birthday. Got to have those goals!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmage View Post
Hi Kristin! Welcome to the board. Twelve pounds down already... that's awesome! Congrats
Thanks, penmage! It's great to be among "losers!"
Old 07-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftyshades View Post
WOW that impressive im sure with the advice and support of people on here we can shift those pounds!

best of luck !
Thanks, fiftyshades! I love it that this board covers a multitude of diets and everyone is so supportive.