Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/288/135

Height: 5'6''

Red face New to this...

Okay so here goes, My name is Julie I'm a 23yr old mother of 2 amazing little boys, Sage 2 and Xander 8wks. I also weigh 288lbs currently and I hate myself. I want to be able to keep up with my boys, my sons father loves outdoors things like hiking and I miss out because I physicality cannot keep up... I recently quit smoking 2mths smoke free but now when I would normally smoke I eat... I need help and support for this. I have no idea where to start. I breast feed so I have to take that into consideration.
MeekaUno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:01 AM   #2  
Too stubborn to quit.

S/C/G: 305/300/200

Height: 6'

Hi Julie, and welcome.

It's hard to quit smoking, and trying to lose weight makes it harder - I wholeheartedly agree. But you're 2 months in, and you should be proud of yourself for that!

I believe in baby steps. You quit smoking, you've realized that you're unhappy with your weight - now comes the time to take your next step. And you won't be taking them alone. The whole community here is willing to help, encourage, and motivate you.

YOU CAN DO THIS. That's the first thing you have to realize. Accept it, embrace it, and go from there.

I have a 5 year old son, and he's my motivation, too. You have 4 reasons to improve your life, and I know you can do it.

I'm not sure what your eating habits are like, but cutting any and all cokes is a good start. Getting rid of any extra sugar is the first step I always take. Then comes the snack-switches. No more junk, grab some veggies or a handful of pistachios. And yeah, with 2 kids and a husband that's not on a 'diet,' it makes things hard. But you've got to be healthy if you'd like to be around to see your kids grow up. Monkey-see, monkey-do. It might help them make good dietary choices, too.

As for exercise, anything is better than nothing. You might not be the most fit person in the world, but you're still passing the people sitting on the couch. Try incorporating little bursts of exercise into your day.

- Put on a CD and dance with Sage and Xander.
- Take them on a walk around the block.
- When your husband gets home, go for a walk by yourself. It's good for you physically, but also mentally. It's hard when you don't get any time for yourself.

This might be silly, but when I vaccuum, I do lunges. Just a fun thought.

If you'd like, we could be 'motivation partners' or whatever you want to call it. You're at a lower weight than I am, but we've both got kids.
InkPen is offline   Reply With Quote