Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #1  
Chellez79

S/C/G: 354/354/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Beginning My Journey....again :)

Well, here I am...and this time I am more ready than I have ever been before. At this point, I don't even know how much I weigh as my scale has a weight limit of 350 lbs and it no longer registers my weight. And that scares me. I'll be 33 in August. I should not be this out of shape. I used to be a fairly active person, but in 2006, I took a job working from home and became sedentary. I reckon I just got comfortable with that and that's how I've gotten here. I've been married for 5 years and my husband still tells me I'm beautiful and that I'm not 'fat'. I, of course, am convinced he's going blind. I even have a work out buddy already. A friend of mine saw that I posted on my FB that I'm determined to do this this time and she wants to do it with me. And I'm thankful for that because I need someone to hold me accountable. Even though I don't know what my current weight is (I'll find out tomorrow), my goal weight is 180. So I'm looking to lose around 200 pounds. And that's something I never thought I'd say because that's like losing 2 small people! I'm going into this knowing it won't happen overnight and that I need to set small goals for myself. Other women I know who are overweight are always saying they want to do the gastric bypass...not me, not when I know I can do this without going through all that because surgery just does not appeal to me. Anyway, the name's Michelle, but everyone calls me Chelle and I'm looking forward to making some new friends here who are on a similar journey
Chellez79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:32 AM   #2  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

It sucks when you start. I'm being honest.
First 2 weeks are the hardest. Tell yourself that. If you get threw those... then it moves better. Once it's a habbit, it's easier.

The part that gets harder than the first two weeks, the Platue. Everyone I know hits it. You gain a lb... want to binge. Maybe the next few weeks show no loss, or a gain... you then think it's time to give up, because clearly it doesn't work. Once you convince yourself NOT to throw in the towel and you start something new or get a new work out video and push threw THAT. THEN it's all down hill, because it will start coming off again.

The trick, never quit. Never "diet" make a life change, and don't be like me and use stress and school as the excuse to quit.

Welcome to the group, we're happy to have you. And honestly, the first step for a lot is finding support. You came to the correct place.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:54 AM   #3  
feelin' good

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi Chellez79 and welcome! You sound like you are ready to do this and you will receive support here : )
I am only on my 4th week and I also found the first week pretty rough (near the end of that week). My body was detoxing from all of the junk I was eating. I made a pretty radical change and am working super hard on eating healthy and counting my calories. It truly is a lifestyle change. One little tip I have for you is to make sure you plan ahead (have healthy snacks with you at all times and water too).
I wish you the best with your journey and look forward to hearing how it is going.
Emama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:01 AM   #4  
Chellez79

S/C/G: 354/354/180

Height: 5'8"

Thank you, ladies for the words of encouragement and the honesty. I think for me, one of my biggest obstacles is going to be my younger sister who lives with me. I've tried to get her to do this with me time and time again, but we both end up slipping back into bad habits. But this time, I'm determined to push past that. In fact, while she's still sipping on sodas, I've had none since Sunday. Turned to water and green tea instead. Now, if I don't die in my first workout (lol), hopefully I'll be on the road to recovery...lol!
Chellez79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140?

Height: 5'7''

Hi and welcome!

You came to the right place for support! I'm pretty new here and I've already found this site so helpful in my journey. Take a look around and if you feel like you need extra accountability check in with one of the groups where you feel the most comfy and take it from there.

It may seem like a daunting task at first, but you CAN do this! Take it 1 pound at a time and come here for support when you need it.
EmmaSqrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/163/130

Height: 5'3"

I second the life change and forming habits!

I have a new habit of making a veggie/fruit smoothie every morning. I drink 3-4 servings of fruits and veggies by the time I clock in to work. I feel great and I will continue doing this.

Just hang in there and you can do this. There may be bumps in the road but keep your sights on the end!
Jackie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/296/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and welcome back!
I have started and stopped my weight loss more than once too, As have a lot of people on here...but the good thing is that we are here now and dedicated to getting healthy together!
So, good luck on your journey...just remember you are not travelling the road alone!
I am most dedicated now because being overweight and unhealthy is JUST TO PAINFUL...EMOTIONALLY AND PHYSICALLY for me....AND THAT'S WHAT MOTIVATES ME TO CHANGE FOR GOOD!
uniquelyme330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #8  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellez79 View Post
Thank you, ladies for the words of encouragement and the honesty. I think for me, one of my biggest obstacles is going to be my younger sister who lives with me. I've tried to get her to do this with me time and time again, but we both end up slipping back into bad habits. But this time, I'm determined to push past that. In fact, while she's still sipping on sodas, I've had none since Sunday. Turned to water and green tea instead. Now, if I don't die in my first workout (lol), hopefully I'll be on the road to recovery...lol!
My sister is the SAME! She and I do a lot together. Every time I start, I would try to get her to start as well. I finally learned I can't do it for the both of us and would have to do it on my own. What sucks is when they want ice cream and want you to hang out... I'll remind her I'm avoiding such things and get, "Don't buy any then?!" or "ONE time won't kill you..."

It makes it hard. I finally had to put my foot down. Last year I lost 20+ lbs and she finally got it, I was looking better, was serious about it, and she stopped tempting me.

This year she's been a LOT more supportive, and says she's going to lose weight, then she does things like hits McDonalds or gets ice cream... Her life, as much as I want it to change, it's hers.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #9  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi and welcome! We're glad to have you here. There are lots of places here that you'll find support and new friends who are experiencing the same struggles that you experience. Use these tools and I look forward to seeing you reach your goals!
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote