Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/218/140

Height: 5'9

Default Sick of feeling this way.

I'm jumping back on the wagon after like a year off. I haven't gained any weight in the last year - but I haven't lost any either. I am considered "obese" by my doctor and I don't want that to be a word that describes me. I want to shed myself of the excess weight, as well as shed the label. I started at 232 on May 15th. It's now May 31st and I'm at 223.7. It's a good start, but I have a ways to go. My goal is to hit 'onederland' by September. Is this realistic? I hope so. Hoping to continue on this board and not lose my steam like I usually do.
bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Welcome!

Getting below 200 by September sounds very possible to me. We're the same height, and I'm about halfway between you and 200 - it took me just under four weeks to get from where you are now to where I am now. So if weight loss is logical, then I'll get to 200 in four weeks and you'll get there in eight.

Unfortunately, weight loss tends not to be quite so logical. But with effort, and exercise and a lovely healthy eating plan, you should be able to drop 24lbs in the 90 or so days between now and September. Keep that as your goal though, even if you decide you can do it faster - if you hit that goal, for example, six weeks in advance, you're going to feel awesomely proud of yourself.

Good luck!
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello and welcome! Hitting onederland by Sept is a perfectly reasonable and attainable goal! And I still remember when my doctor told me I was obese- what a metaphorical slap in the face...and wake up call! It's painful but sometimes we need that to get back to healthy habits.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote