Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #1  

Talking Hello from Tennessee

Hello all,

I am new here, stumbled upon you all looking for something else(what great luck for me!) I never struggled with my weight until after I had my last child(he is 11-yikes!) I only gained 20 lbs with him(I experience horrendous morning sickness) -the weight came after he was born. I put on about 35 lbs at first, I took about 25 lbs off with weight watchers, and got within 10 lbs of my goal, then my dad died and you guessed it, I fell off the wagon. The last 11 yrs have been a roller coaster of ups and downs(mostly ups!!!) I have done well the last year or so maintaining a minor loss of about 20 lbs(at my largest I was up to 202) and am at about 180.I do well eating healthy but have been very remiss in getting back on the wagon of losing-life, you know? Maintaining is not good enough-I really need to lose another 30-40 lbs(I truly would be thrilled with even 25 but 40 would be ideal to get me back to a healthy weight.) and realized I need SUPPORT. Support from those who have been there. We joined a gym as a family and I go about 2-3 times a week but know I need to go more. No time like the present-eh? No more excuses, no more "life is too hectic to go". I have decided to get up before work and go and have talked hubs into going with me(he does not have a weight problem-lucky him!) I look forward to getting know you all and hopefully can learn from your experiences and get the encouragement and support one needs to make that journey. I feel like I have been fighting an 11 year battle and it is time to end this war!

Jen
Shutterbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jen, welcome to 3FC! Congratulations on maintaining a 20 lb. loss - that's not minor at all! Good luck meeting your weight loss goal. I hope to see you around the boards.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #3  

Thanks Theox! Just looking around at everyone's successes makes me already feel like I can do it this time
Old 05-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #4  
300+ Chick

Hello and Welcome!! Good luck with your efforts!! YOU can do it!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #5  

Thanks Liliann!