Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #1  

Default Hello Everyone, newbie here!

Hi everyone, my name is Liz and I'm excited(ish) to start losing some weight.

I have struggled with weight since my senior year of high school, I am very sensitive to sugar and have a slow metabolism.

I am pretty athletic by nature, in high school I was a varsity swimmer and joined the Marines when I was 17. Even in the Marines I struggled to stay under my weight max, although I always had good PFT run times and was in good shape.

Now that I don't exercise the weight has just piled on, I got rid of it once when I was 23/24 - I lost 50 pounds in 4 months and kept it off for awhile. Now I'm 27 and over the last 1 1/2 years I have piled on twice what I had gained before and feel no motivation to lose it. So, I'm trying to find that motivation every way that I can.

I'm going to do a complete diet overhaul and start regularly exercising again. I love riding my horses and I need to be in better shape to do it! I'm not even sure what I weigh currently, somewhere around 240 pounds and I'm 5'7.

I'm hoping to make some good buddies and help some people out - the saddest part is that I am extremely knowledgeable about weight loss and have helped many of my friends get in fantastic shape. My poor impulse control and complete lack of motivation needs to go so I can be healthy again.
lizzybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #2  

Height: 5"6

Hi Liz! If it's motivation you're seeking, you've come to the right place!! 3FC is amazing!!

That's great that you already know a lot about how losing weight actually works. I have found that learning more about what to eat, as opposed to how to exercise, has really helped me. I learned that you can't out-exercise poor eating habits!

So, in order to get started, I'd recommend getting a scale or a measuring tape. Find out what you weigh or what you measure today, and then you can monitor your progress. The scale/tape is really just for accountability's sake Also, maybe start making some mini-goals? You appear to enjoy exercise goals and you struggle with impulse. Maybe make one fitness mini-goal (ie run 1 mile in x amount of minutes, or do x amount of push ups without stopping?) and then a food related one, such as stay under x amount of calories for 3 days, or dont have x type of food for x number of days?

Just some ideas- you'll see plenty of different ways to lose weight on here and we'll help you find what works best for you!

Welcome and GOOD LUCK! You got this, girl!!

-Sarah
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5'8

Hi Liz welcome I am a newbie too ;-) positivity from here on out I love this forum and you will too
Cinnamonfox89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #4  

Hi Ladies, thanks for rolling out the welcome mat. I do have body tape as well as a body fat caliper. I might buy a scale eventually, I'm super broke though and would rather concentrate more on fixing my diet than on how much I lose. For now I'm going to consider my weight loss an added bonus to my new health regime.
lizzybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote