Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-24-2012, 04:53 AM   #1  
Time For Change

S/C/G: see/ticker/:)

Height: 6'0"

Smile Finally found motivation

Motivation?, you say.
Where did I find it?

To be completely honest I'm not sure. I, no word of a lie woke up the other morning with complete motivation to lose this nastiness of a body.

I'm so happy to have found this website so I have no excuse to lose my motivation. I will definitely be checking this website out on my computer when I get home, right now I'm at work, on my phone, and my battery is about to die.

But yes!
Can't wait to meet all you lovely ladies and make a proper "introduction" I just couldn't wait until I got home, I'm way to anxious.

<3
ElociN2392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #2  
Time For Change

Red face

Alright, so I've finally found the time to sit down and write a proper introduction (working night shifts can be difficult sometimes.)

I've never been happy with the way I look, or the way I feel and it has gotten way out of hand. When I look at myself through my minds eye, I know that I am overweight, but I don't see it as being overly disturbing. But then I look in the mirror, or at pictures of myself and just about make myself sick every time.

I know it's horrible to feel so lowly of myself but sometimes I just can't help it. It's time for change. I am excited to see where I will end up. I feel complete motivation, I don't know where it all of a sudden came from but it's here and I'm using it this time.

It all sort of started when I was on Facebook and saw someones profile picture of them at the end of their weight loss journey, having an old pair of their jeans on, and having to hold them up because they were so big on them now.
I then started looking at their profile and realized they were on this program called Visalus or something like that. So, I was curious and started looking it up.
Basically, it's a 100% Whey Protein shake, mixed with fiber powder and a multivitamin, taken in replace of meals.
So, I went out to Costco and bought myself some 100% Whey Protein shake powder, and some Benefiber powder. (I already had been taking a daily multivitamin.)
I hardly ever seemed to be eating breakfast or lunch, so drinking these shakes instead seems to be logical to me. I still have healthy snacks in between, and a healthy dinner, and of course lots of drinking water. I really hope this works for me, until I lose a bit of weight to feel confident enough to start eating the proper foods and getting my Protein and Fiber the "proper" way.

I'm 19 years old,
6 feet tall,
and weigh 313 pounds!
I wear a size 20, 22, or 24 size jeans, XL or XXL comfy pants all depending on style. As for shirts, I wear anything from an XL to a 3XL, also depending on style, although the XL is usually tight, but wearable.

Might I add, that I do not look like I weigh 313. I told my boyfriend and my Mom once that I weighed 300 and they didn't believe me, and when I went to the doctors once they thought that something was wrong with their scale because I don't look like I weigh that much. I mean, I'm definitely (obviously) up there, though.

I started this diet on April 24, took all my measurements and weighed myself, and have it all saved into my phone. I plan on taking 'before' pictures tonight.

Has anyone else tried anything like this?
Did it work?
Does this sound like an okay start?
Does anyone have any suggestions?

I would love some support to keep me motivated, but criticism is okay too, I guess, lol. I'm excited to meet all you lovely ladies and hopefully help out and encourage some of you's on your journey's as well.

PS. I tried to set a profile picture but the file is too big I guess.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #3  
Time For Change

I forgot to add that I'm also Calorie counting.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #4  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

welcome! you will find lots of support here, i had the same thing happen with my diet, i just woke up and realized i couldnt live like this anymore. good luck!
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:26 PM   #5  
Time For Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcakes View Post
welcome! you will find lots of support here, i had the same thing happen with my diet, i just woke up and realized i couldnt live like this anymore. good luck!
Thanks! So happy to have finally received a reply, lol. I have been reading a lot of Threads but then I realize that a lot of them are from like 3 years ago. I guess I just need to find some active ones. Hopefully I find a place here soon.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #6  
Sam-I-Am

there are a lot of active threads, im still not that good at making the site work. i always just look under new posts and it will only show the active ones im calorie counting too, only for the last two weeks, but i am feeling a ton better and its pretty nice to have a place that you can vent about these private type things lol.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #7  
Time For Change

Yeah, this site is a bit confusing at first but I think we'll get used to it. (hopefully, lol.) I'm so disappointed that we cant have Signatures yet, that makes me sad lol.
I just started Calorie counting today, I tried it a few months ago and failed after a couple weeks, but this time I'm totally motivated to keep on truckin'!
I'm glad I found this place to vent, having people to talk to and relate to is definitely going to keep me motivated.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #8  
Sam-I-Am

having a place to vent has been one of my biggest motivators, just keep at it and dont get discouraged if you have slip ups here and there, just take it one day at a time and you should be just fine!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #9  
Time For Change

Thank youu.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #10  

Before I get into my post, let me be clear that I am a PROMOTER and CHALLENGER on the Boby By Vi 90 Day challenge. Apparently people don't believe we can give unbiased feedback because we actually make money off promoting the challenge, and I can understand that. But my counter argument is that most of us started promoting the challenge after having multiple people ask us what we were doing to get back in shape, I fall into this category.

I started the challenge 17 days ago. I started at 6'1 227.5 lbs, the heaviest I've ever been. I'm very muscular so most people were shocked to see that number because my waist line is a 34. After 17 days on the challenge I weighed in yesterday morning at 216.2. That's 10.3 lbs in just over 2 weeks. My goal is to get back to my hs weight of 205 lbs, and then gain another 10 lbs of lean muscle to finish at 215 lbs. I share this not because I want you to join the challenge or that I'm trying to make money off of you, but to inform you that this program is not the devil. There are people promoting it for the wrong reasons, for money and not to help people achieve their goals, but rest assured that there are people like me who believe this product changes lives. I don't promote to strangers, I promote to friends, family members and co-workers, people who I see everyday. People who hold me accountable for what I recommend. We don't promote to Joe Schmoe on the street, we promote to our network.

You achieve the same results from proper nutrition and dieting, but for my personal situation, I don't have a lot of free time in my day to make a healthy breakfast and prepare a lunch from home. I find it's often more expensive to eat healthy out, and these factors led me to the challenge. It may work for your life, it may not, make a decision based on what you believe, not what people are peddling. My goal as a promoter, is to help you get out of your own way and make an informed decision. If you decide in the end its not for you, then that's fine! We may follow up with you later and keep you informed of our challenge, but that's it. And not everyone who recommends the challenge is a promoter, they do have a refer 3 and get your kit for free for customers as well. These people believe in the challenge and are hoping to get three friends or family members to do the challenge so they can get their kit for free but to also improve their health. I personally sign customers under current customers to ensure that everyone on my team gets their product for free after the first month.

Make an informed decision, don't follow the rhetoric. Just because this isn't for someone else, doesn't mean its for you. And vice versa. Whatever you decide, I wish you look on your venture. 40% obesity in America is alarming, and everyone needs to take responsibility for their poor choices and change their lives and health for the better.

Thanks
ormcclyde is offline   Reply With Quote