Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/211/130

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy I can't keep doing this!!!!!

I really feel horrible, physically and mentally. I have little energy and my self esteem is at an all time low. I am 40 years old. I am a single mother to three children, 23 yrs old, 21 yrs old and a 2 year old. When I started trying to conceive my last child is when I started gaining weight. I lost two babies and finally was able to carry him to term. I was so scared of losing him that I literally only did what I needed to and ate beyond control. I've become a food addict. I have gained 71 lbs in 3 years and 4 months, ugh!!!!. I could use the help and any suggestions to make this work.
kcary1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

kcary, welcome and congratulations on taking care of your health. I know you want to stay healthy for that 2 year old.
I find that calorie counting works best for me, no restricted foods , reliable, flexible and free. I eat fresh fruit, vegies, lean meat, chicken and fish. I also include yogurt and non fat milk. I plan every meal ahead of time, it really only takes a few minutes to plan a days menu. There are other plans, it is OK to experiment until you find what is best for you. I did all kinds of diets before I realized that calorie counting was something I could live with even after reaching goal.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'4"

Hello and welcome. I'm glad you're here now to do this! You will be so happy a year from now that you are doing it now. Don't do what I did! I gained at 35 with a pregnancy, then another, and said for YEARS that I need to diet. Each year, I put it off. Until now. 24 lbs gone in 3+ months with 76 to go. NOW is the right time, so stick with it and be persistant. Your energy and self esteem will return. Hang in there and read these forum often for motivation. Good luck and we'll see you around.
sunshauna is offline   Reply With Quote