Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #1  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Default I want to finally love my body

Recently i stepped on the scale and it read 324 pounds... there i said it. not the 240 that my drivers licence says, not the 250 i tell my husband i weigh. this is too much, i cant take it anymore, i have to change.
I have always felt fairly comfortable at the 250 - 260 pounds that i am usually at, but even at that weight my husband and i were experiencing fertility problems. so this isnt just about me anymore. we deserve a happy family, and its come to the point that its up to me to make it happen.
I need all the help and support i can get. this seems like a pretty good place to start.
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #2  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Welcome and congrats on wanting to change your life. There is tons of support here and many people full of great wisdom and advice. It is very possible to get down to the weight you wish to be and you are right, you do deserve a happy family and to love your body. Good luck on your journey and hope to see you around here lots!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:38 AM   #3  
Sam-I-Am

thanks! i am really hoping that this will work, i have never actually tried to lose weight before.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW 288, S 274.8/C 273.8/G 200

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Samcakes! I am in Idaho as well.. and I've slowly seen my scale weight going higher than I like so I've joined here today too to put an end to it!
nanook380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #5  
zumbaholic!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Hey samcakes I was where your at not to long ago it may seem like a long and hard toad but very attainable I Jst joined this site yesterday but kuv it already! People are so .kind and willig to help! Gud luck on you new.adventures! if u need any advice feel.free to message me
strawleyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #6  
Sam-I-Am

thanks everyone. im just planning on taking this one day at a time. i need to be realistic about my goals. while i am trying to lose 150 pounds, i am not expecting it to happen overnight. i will keep this site updated on how i am doing...
Old 04-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

Welcome Samcakes. I'm just like you! It's crazy! I felt all right with how i was, then a trip to the doc about something else opened my eyes.

I've only been here and changing my life since monday, but already I and my partner are noticing a difference. Not in my size of course but in my general mood.

This place is so amazing, and the people are so supportive. No one judges you, and if you have a bad day and need to vent, then go for it!!

One day at a time is the secret to success.

LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #8  
Sam-I-Am

i am happy to finally have some people i can talk to about these things. i easily weigh 100 pounds more then my heaviest friend, so it is hard for them to understand what i am going through. while my husband is supportive, my family has always been very cruel about my weight so i dont even want to mention to them that i am trying to lose some. i have been doing great for 3 days and just working on it a day at a time. going for a 1 hour walk every day and eating around 2000 calories of healthy food. i cant promise that it will work, but i already feel better just knowing that i took the first step
Old 04-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #9  
zumbaholic!

I dnt tell anyone nemore that I am losing weight any more well I mean friends and familyi have leqrned not too because the last time I did I was told that my scale isn't accurate. That's quite discouraging when you are losing weight and your happy about it but you have people telling you otherwise that's kind of why I had to join a forum like this I think sometimes its best not to tell people that your close to just let your results say it all.!
Well more like show it!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #10  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

Sounds like your tackling this responsibly which is awesome!!

I'm sorry that your family tease you for the way you are at the moment. But don't let it get to you, use it to fuel your determination to get where you want to be. And yep, one day at a time. If you have a blip, don't worry. Start a fresh the next day.

I love this place so much and I know that if i hadn't have stumbled on it, I wouldn't be able to.... ooooh crap *cries* .... get going.

BLAAAAAAH!!!!! Right... *wipes eyes* that's it!! No more tears!!

I'm a bit tired, and when i get tired i get emotional lol.

I'm off to bed lol

LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #11  
zumbaholic!

It's yru what she says its the best! Couldn't have ask.for a better place that brings together people who have one thing in common....we all want to.be happy with our body
Old 04-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #12  
Sam-I-Am

ive already gotten a lot of inspiration from this site, and i plan on letting the results speak for themselves. it may take years, but i will be damned if im gonna let myself live like this forever.