Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/247/178

Height: 5'6''

Default Hey Everyone!

SO I'm new here I'm a college student trying to lose weight, and it was going really well until I went home for spring break and saw a refrigerator stocked with all of the goodies I haven't seen in a while. Needless to say all of the weight I lost at school came back. Hoping this blog will help me out and give me the strength and encouragement I need to get the results I want. That's it for now, hope to hear from/meet a lot of you!
preshington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #2  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 278.2/252.2/185

Height: 5'7"

Hi preshington
My daughter is in college and when I started WW at home a couple of weeks ago she was thrilled. She said that she had been trying to lose some weight and was glad to see that we had healthy snack in the frig. Im sure if you tell your mom what you are trying to do that she will be glad to have healthy snack for you when you come home. Good luck in the weight lose and in college.
tinamparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #3  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

I agree. Tell your parents what you're trying to do. When I was in college I put 100+ pounds on by my senior year. I've now gotten 43 pounds of it off through Weight Watchers. It's good to hear your starting while you're in college. I put my body through **** and would never wish that on anyone else.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 259/248.2/160

Height: 5'6

college is a hard time to lose weight its stress ful adn the time you have is minimal . My suggestion to you is dont let the bad get you down we all have times and days that are better thatn otheres but we all want the same result when you go to ur moms before you go there by your own food just for you or bring certain food to eat when you may want to snack or when others snack also if you want to eat with the family remeber the cup rule, usually a cup is allyou need for one serving and no seconds. This willhelp you to learn how to eat with your family just to minimize what you eat , also take time to look up this site and look at goal and mini goal pics they help me remeber my goal and inspire me to keep tring! good luck sweety and we all have faith in you!
dawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/287/170

Height: 5''8"

College is awful for weight gain. I'm in school now and between school, homework, working and trying to keep my house in some kind of order...I barely get in two meals a day. However when I do eat, I eat for the day. It's just stressful too and that doesn't help with it. I'm with you there!
msrebridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/165/145

Height: 5' 7.5''

Hello preshington, tinamparker, tessendicott, dawn77 and msrebridge,

Nice to meet everyone...I agree with you all! college is a really difficult time to lose weight. Doing class assignments, pulling all nighters and no time to cook makes it hard to eat healthy and exercise. I am in the same boat as many of you. Let's do this together! You can all do it!
artsystar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/287/170

Height: 5''8"

I'm supportive of supporting! Sounds great to me. College is the pits lol. I don't know about you, but I put on stress weight as well. Last semester I gained 20lbs midsemester and a week and a half after the semester ended I was 15lbs lighter. I don't know how that happens!
msrebridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/247/178

Height: 5'6''

Thank you all for your kind replies! At home we have a lot of healthy stuff, and I ate pretty healthy but I just wasn't as active, and ate way more than I did at school (I took advantage of not having to buy my own food). I think in addition to gaining weight I also might have a gluten intolerance, so I'm starting to cut that out now too, which really sucks.
preshington is offline   Reply With Quote