Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello from Ireland

Hi everyone,

Finding this forum couldn't have come at a better time. I'm desperate for some support from like-minded people who are going through similar struggles with food, weight and motivation.

I've struggled with my weight since I was 12 and after finally making great success about a year or so ago, I managed to gain most of it back and am feeling quite upset with myself about it. Most of my friends have never had to go through this so I often feel it's an isolated journey.

I'm from the USA originally and spent most of my life there, and have been living in Ireland for the past 6 years. My lifestyle changed for better after being here but there are also many differences in diet, availability (gyms, stores, services) and support.

I'm finding it hard get back the motivation (and time!) to exercise as much as I want, as well as feed my body healthy food, especially when everyone else is eating lovely food that I shouldn't have!

I've tried many things throughout the years but have had the best luck with modified versions of You Are What You Eat and Eat To Live (which I'm about to start again). My boyfriend is an avid outdoorsman and I am determined to keep up with him in the mountains so, I'm also trying to build up some good endurance. After so many years of damaging eating and sedentary lifestyle (plus I smoked for a few years when I was younger), I'm concerned about my heart and want to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

Anyway, this forum has been brilliant and even just reading through many posts about similar experiences has been so helpful and encouraging. So, hello, best of luck to everyone & I look forward to speaking with some of you along the way.

Last edited by Dernhelm; 03-20-2012 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Wanted to add something else
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! You have come to the right place for support. Best of luck to you in your weight loss journey.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote