Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Height: 5'4.5''

Default new, looking for support.

Hello everyone!

My name is Jess. I am 24 and a single mom of a 2year old. I am currently the biggest i have ever been at 230. I was very sick durring my pregnancy. When i got pregnant i was 190, the day i went into labor i was 194. When i left the hospital i was 175. After having my daught i exclusivley breast fed, so it was easy for me to keep the weight off and even lose more because i was burning so many calories. Because of having to work full time and not being able to pump or feed on a consistant schedule, i started losing my supply when my daughter was 6 months. Thats when i started putting the weight back on. My daughter and i ran into a lot of hardships that most people dont have to ever imagine and while trying to not give up on everything i just gave up on myself.

I'm here because i really need support. I joined a gym a few months back and never use it. I hae a wii fit and never use it. I've tried eating healthier but everytime i have a hard day at work or am have a busy or long day i go back to the junk. I tend to be an unmotivated person. I'm so tired all the time and dont feel any good reasons to be motivated. But i know i need to be.

So thats why i'm here. i'm hopeful of meeting some great people, and build some motivatiom for myself.
discouragedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Hey Jess,

My name is Tammy and I am at a different place in life than you are. My youngest son just left home at 18..... but maybe my story can help you with motivation. I too was bogged down with life and was very unmotivated.... but my son (the one who left home) bet me I could not lose 65 pounds before I got married...... the reason he bet me that was b/c his dad died 6 months earlier at age 39 of a heart attack (I was not married to their dad when he died)..... my motivation came from my son asking me to lose weight b/c he did not want to lose another parent early in life.....

So, maybe until you get some momentum.... you do the weight loss..... gym... wii for your child..... then when you get some momentum going..... do it for YOU.

I am not sure if this will help you or not..... but it is worth a shot!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

JESS ~ the best motivation for you is to just feel good and be healthy -- but more than that, making a commitment to yourself will take you a whole lot further. Motivation gets you started, but commitment will carry you through all kinds of stresses ...

Time to make a few small changes: Junkies out of the house; replace with good healthy foods and snacks. Can't eat the junk if it's not there, right? Pick or create a plan that will fit into your family life; and that you can stick to. Don't be overly strict; and forgive yourself when you make mistakes. Mistakes are just life lessons, learn from them and continue on.

You will find lots of support, and info, and ideas here; take advantage of this great free support tool -- and enjoy yourself too!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/220/130

Height: 5'4

Hey Jess,

I too am 24, close to 25 but I do not have a kid but secretly sometimes I wish I did just because it would be an excuse for why I let myself get to 220 pounds. I just joined because I know the feeling of being sick and tired of the weight but yet having a gym membership that never gets used. So hopefully through this forum we can both find some support and motivation to start using those memberships and getting back to the fab girls I know we are.
2012 is it is offline   Reply With Quote