Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW: 181 CW:171 GW:120

Height: 5"7

Unhappy a relapsed fatty lifestyle

I was doing so well I lost 10 lbs in 1.5 months but I just got depressed and tired for no reason whatsoever. Okay, that wasn't honest, I got depressed on Valentine's Day when I saw the guy I had a crush on holding hands with another girl. I just realized I'm fat and worthless and no one will like me (I know I sound so stupid and juvenile and emo but I can't help it) I just ate so much that day and I didn't do my usual work out routine. One bad day lead to another and it's been full 5 days since I ate like a crazy mofo and BELIEVE me when I say this...I'm not some anorexic girl that's raving about an extra chocolate I'm talking about around 3000 cal a day and for FIVE DAYS STRAIGHT. I despise myself right now. I woke up feeling that all too familiar feeling of bloated repulsiveness and I got on my computer to look for help. And...that is how I got here. I'm sorry for a shitty first impression I'm usually not emo and whiny but seeing him and her really crushed me, I really had thought all those conversations meant something and maybe I had a chance. She's so thin and pretty which tears me up even more. Still be my friend? Please support and help me up this time I have to lose weight for myself!! Lie and tell me 5 days isn't so bad and I can pick myself up....I've never poured out my heart like this I never tell anyone about my insecurities as an overweight person. Not even my closest friends. I sound so foreign to myself why am I typing so much. But, thanks to anyone who took the time to read this stupid sh*t.

Last edited by taro0201; 02-19-2012 at 10:16 AM.
taro0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #2  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Listen, you've already had success, so you know you can do it. The best way to feel good about yourself is to take action NOW!!! - this very minute.
Drink water, take a walk, get some healthy food in you. It will amaze you how just one day can turn you back in the right direction.

You've had a 5 day pity party, not the end of the world - we've all been there. Just move forward, no looking back.

You can do it!
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #3  

i had a similar three days, i ate everyting in sight and avoided the gym, preferring to binge in front of the tele. it was really hard but i realised i was heading for a downward spiral so i forced myself to go to one spin class and as soon as id finished the class, my mind set had changed a bit and i was ready to start again. i felt guilty for the binging but decided i was allowed to make mistakes and to move forward, not allowing myself to beat myself up for a 3 day binge that i could rectify by moving forward. You can get back on track and once you are, look forward and dont be so hard on yourself. go for a walk, get some fresh air and get back on track, and well done for losing 10 pounds !
jasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW: 181 CW:171 GW:120

Height: 5"7

thank you!! I really needed to hear that and yes I will do that I am really starting to believe I can too.
taro0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Ohh I've been there. Not fun at all. What made me snap out of it was knowing I wasn't going to get the guy either way. So I can sit around feeling sorry for myself or get my tush off the couch and get back op and to the gym. Pick myself up is what I did. It wasn't easy and was harder than starting to begin with, but it was the best decision I've made yet. Hope this helps!

And remember, you're not alone. There is a fantastic group of people here who may share similar experiences and all have a common goal. Good luck and I know you can do this!
nu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217.5/202.8/150

Height: 5'8

Forget about the last five days. Tomorrow is a new day, a day to start over. Start by drinking water and maybe take a walk. We've all had binge days, weeks, heck months even... Just pick yourself up and don't worry about the five days.
sparkles86tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/180/130

Height: 5'3"

All these people are right. Everyone relapses, but what matters is that you keep trying no matter how many times you fail.
ManicMinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #8  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I was doing awesome since Jan 1st and last week I got TOM and had midterms. Both of these lead me to 6 straight days of crappy eating. However, yesterday I just started eating healthy again and moved on. No one will ever be able to eat perfect every day of their lives. The key is to not dwell on it, realize what was wrong and move on!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #9  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

And just remember...men are not worth all that emotional energy and sabotaging something you need to do for YOU!!!

Focus on getting yourself to a place where you feel so hot that he (and every other guy) will be knocking at your door. But that won't happen until YOU feel great about YOURSELF!
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #10  
Determined

Location: Initial goal was 150ish. Kept adjusting down to 135. Recently set new goal to 125! BMI Normal Weight!

S/C/G: 185.5 / 132 / 125

Height: 5 feet exactly

I know how it feels too. I think we all do. I have major feelings for a guy who I'm really close to. He likes thin girls. I don't think I'll ever be "thin enough" for him. I have to realize I'll never get him either way either. But also should know, that if he doesn't like me for who I am, that's his short sightedness. And you should know the same too. So yes, don't sabotage yourself over someone who's not worth it. It's easy for us to say... but I think we really do know exactly how it really feels too.

Dust yourself off and try again!
whiteone is offline   Reply With Quote