Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/155/155

Height: 5'4"

Smile Hello all from Michigan!

I found your site by accident because I have a FB friend who's doing that WeightNot diet and Google brought me here. (I really hope she doesn't have any awful complications- it sounds bad.)

I've been overweight most of my adult life and partly due to our Big Brother insurance insisting I lose weight and partly due to me knowing I need to, I joined Weight Watchers Jan 25. So far, I love it! I'm really into filling things out and list making, so the tracking is something I like doing. I've lost 4.9 lbs so far and I have to get used to this slow loss...as many of you have probably done, I've gone on some crazy diets in the past that allow me to lose 10 lbs in a week. Not good, I know. So this slow weight loss is something that I mentally know is the right way to go to be successful- finally. And I want that, I really do!

Of course I've had a tiny look around and everyone is so nice and supportive, I just had to register!
LauraK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:56 AM   #2  

from michigan as well. hello.
obey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Be sure to check out the Weight Watchers forum on this site, there are some very insperational and knowledgable chicks there.
Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Laura, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diet plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join! Sometimes slow loss is best because it gives us time to adjust to our new lifestyle, learn new habits and learn about ourselves. Wishing you much success.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #5  

Hi obey- I'm in Southeast MI.

NEMom- I definitely will. That's the first place I went lurking last night. I love how there's a forum for every diet and/or plan here.

patchworkpenguin- I plan to soon. I'm in that early stage where I'm still holding myself pretty accountable and while I have high hopes that this will be a life-change rather than a diet that will end...I know I still have so many foods to get past. Or at least learn how to eat in a different way. A way that doesn't include eating ridiculous amounts of said foods, which are mainly chocolates of the cake, frosting, candy bar, or ice cream varieties.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!
Old 02-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #6  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Former Michiganian who escaped says hello!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/190/130

Height: 5'6"

hi! nice to meet you. I'm new too, but I'm finding this site really confusing! it won't let me load anything up and I can't even make a blog or anything. Can anyone help me? lol
determinedgrl4handh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #8  

Hi carey- escaped?! Lol...I've lived here all my life and would never want to leave. (Unless we win that lottery...then it's off to tropical spots during winter!)

Wow, congrats on your weight loss! So many here are an inspiration to me that it can be done!

Hi determined. I've had trouble with the pages not loading properly and then having to go back and do things over again or at the very least, refreshing and trying again.

Hope someone else can give you better help- I'm sure there's a forum for help or you could message a mod. Welcome to you, too