Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 277.6/277.6/260

Height: 5'7 and 289

Default Wisconsin mom of 3...enough said

Hello friends of the weightloss world. I am a 33yr old mom of 3 who works nearly full time. I am married to a wonderful man from Kenya, who couldn't love me anymore if he tried. However, he's not very supportive of me losing weight. Not that he wants me to be unhealthy, he says my weight just doesn't matter. This coming from a man who at 29 had 2 heart ablations...last year while I was pregnant with our 3rd child.

He is not the only reason I'm trying to get/keep us healthy. I watched my mother die slowly of congestive heart failure, diabetes ect... and I don't want that for my family: for me to die slowly, forget who they are, not know my kids ect. I'm also doing it because I remember being embarassed of my overweight mother and I don't want my kids to be embarassed because I'm fat. I want them to be embarassed of me for normal reasons, like being loud, having a booger hang out from my nose, run in my nylons or that I just "don't get kids these days."

So i'm here for the support I need to quietly keep my family on a healthy track.

So good luck and good posting!
wimama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diet plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join! Be sure to check out the 30-somethings.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote