Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/281/190

Height: 5'4"

Smile Hello

Hi. My name is Holly and I am 38. I've been overweight pretty much all of my life. I've started more diets that I can count. I am so tired of being heavy and tired all the time. I've had a couple of successful weight losses but end up not keeping it up then gaining it all back plus! Looking at myself naked in the mirror makes me want to cry. Why did I let myself get this big? Why can't I just not eat so much? I've been pretty motivated the last 2 weeks to just get to it. I have several inspirations. I have been seeing a lot of friends on Facebook losing weight or training for 5ks lately. And my father who has been a daily drinker for all of my life then some has gotten sober. This is such an accomplishment! I thought if he could do that and go through that much then I CAN and WILL lose weight. Then there is my beautiful son, I want to be here to watch him grow up. The thought of leaving him breaks my heart! My health is my responsibility and I have to do it for me! I need to lose over 100 lbs. I've lost about 11 so far and have a long way to go. I am focusing on each day. I am keeping track of calories and drinking tons of water. When I get past this "withdrawal" stage, I plan on adding exercise. I wish everybody out there trying to lose especially if it is a lot good luck and much success!.
Holly1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your 11lbs lost to date, your off to a great start!
I want to give you two suggestions:
1) Look at this as a life style change and not a diet. You are making a change to live a longer and healthier life and looking at it this way will help you be more successful when you reach maintenance.
2) Toss the word 'motivation' out the window. Motivation will get you started but it will not keep you going. Replace it with dedication and commitment. When your motivation is gone and you are having a rough time, dedication and commitment to your new healthier lifestyle will get you through.
Lastly, if you have a bad meal, a bad day, heck, a bad food week. Do NOT let this be a reason to throw in the towel. Get back on track at the next meal. You can do this!!!
Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/281/190

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the welcome & advice!
Holly1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/245.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Holly & welcome to the 3FC forum!
You'll find lots of support & advice here - I have since joining earlier this month.

You're off to a wonderful start! Good luck!
LeoTheLioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #5  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

Hi Holly!

sounds like you are where I am. I 'kind of' tried diets here and there, then suddenly, it just hit me and I have all the motivation in the world.

you're on the right track as long as you realize this is a lifestyle for us, since we have so much to lose. I'm needing to lose 50ish It's hard to eat right, I understand that. But, your head is in the right place and you deserve to be happy and healthy!

congrats for getting to a place where you are determined enough to lose the weight!
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #6  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Holly, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diet plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join! Be sure to check out the 30-somethings and the Calorie counters.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #7  
Skinny girl in training.

S/C/G: 280/277.8/170

Height: 5'8"

Hello my neighbor to the north Holly! I look forward to seeing you around!
MsDianne is offline   Reply With Quote