Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/160.3/135

Height: 5'7.5"

Smile Gathering Courage To Post For The First Time

Hello everyone! Firstly, let me say that I've been a member on here for several months, and this is my first time actually posting something. Whenever I felt like I needed support, all I had to do was read some of the goal threads and I felt back on track. I'm a newbie here, however I really would love support and encouragement from anyone who is willing to offer it! I think I've done well with my weight loss journey so far, considering I've done it solo since last June. It was then I realized my eating habits were very unhealthy, and I wanted to change. However, being that I'm a teenager, my parents just shook their shoulders at my actions to lose weight, thinking that I just wanted to be "thin" like what is advertised in magazines. But that's not the case! I'm not trying to lose weight just for my self-image, I'm not trying to lose weight for "boys," I'm trying to lose weight because I WANT THIS FOR MYSELF, I don't want to die young from obesity, if I could have prevented it if I just ate right and exorcised regularly (I never quite reached the point of obesity, but I was severely overweight, and that scared me)!

I apologize for my ranting, but it means a lot to me that you guys were able to read all of this!
MixedColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #2  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Great job on your current weight loss. Parents don't like change, and with all of the eating disorders out there its understandable they would be a little bit worried. There is no reason why someone should stay over weight if it is effecting their happiness as well as their health. Keep up the good work!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

GREAT JOB....Sometimes parents love so much that they are always scared of the worst. You're doing great!!! Cheering you on to goal...
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/232/175

Height: 5' 6"

You're doing great! I agree - I think parents worry a lot about their kids, and the reasons why they are doing certain things. I remember my own mom worrying about me (especially when I met "that boy" - now husband), and I know I will probably worry about my own little ones. I think its great that you are making changes FOR YOU! This is a lesson so many of us don't learn until we are much older. I think your progress is great!
Nimue Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Mixedcolors, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diet plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #6  
Just starting out

S/C/G: 204.5/195/150

Height: 5'5

Congrats on your weight loss so far. It's really good that you are doing this for yourself and not to please anybody else. I'm just starting on my journey and I feel that is the best way to stay at it!

Your parents are probably just concerned and don't want you to get into any sort of unhealthy habit to lose the weight.

Good luck
naffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/160.3/135

Height: 5'7.5"

All of you are so kind! I guess your right about my parents, I don't really understand how they feel about the subject :P Thank you so much for your comments!
MixedColors is offline   Reply With Quote