Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/279/175

Height: 5'5

Talking New Mommy with a goal of 130+ pounds

Hello! My name is Angela and I am 26 years old. I just had my first baby 6 months ago. Prior to that I had a miscarriage in May 2010 which the doctor said was mainly because of my weight. I weighed 308 lbs with my first pregnancy. August of 2010 i joined WW with my father in an effort to lose the weight I needed to in order to have a healthy, sucessful pregnancy. I found out in November 2010 that i was pregnant again without even trying. My last weigh in at WW I weighed 268. I had lost 40 pounds in 4 months and my doctor was very impressed. I gained 28 pounds throughout my pregnancy and a week after having my bouncing baby boy I had lost 31 pounds putting me down to 265. I joined WW shortly after and did not have the sucess that I did the first time around so i gave up. I am now back up to 279 and i want so bad to lose it. I am going to try counting calories this time and I love reading everyones sucess stories. It helps motivate me and makes me believe that if you can do it then I can do it to.
Speegle52408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Hi Speegle, just so you know I had great success with WW before pregnancy. I almost got below 200. I lost 65+ lbs on WW. Then I got pregnant and gained 78 lbs. I was in a lot of pain (long story). The point is after trying WW many times (and I was dedicated!) post pregnancy, it was harder and I could not loose. It was so frustrating! I was really trying too. I counted calories for a year a lost a little. Then I just gave up points, cal's and just ate less and exercise more and substituted bad foods with healthier and I've lost a lot. 280 to 206. Don't give up! Let's friend each other...
Lovestocook9121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/225.4/170

Speegle I never had the money to do WW or anything of that sort. I have 3 kids myself, while I was pregnant with my last one my top weight was 315lbs and after she was born I went to 275lbs. I managed to loose 45lbs by just cutting back on calories, I never really exersized. Now I am stuck at 230lb and can get any further.

Just keep your head up and try not to get discouraged. From what I have read through a lot of post everyone here is very supportive and thats why I joined today. Remember you can do it, this is the hardest thing anyone can do. Always tell your self this isnt a diet its a life style change!
FatbottomPenguin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Speegle, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering arouns specific diets, themes, or age groups, find one that inspires you and just post to join! Be sure to check out the Counting Calories and 20-Something sub-forums
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote