Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/196/130

Height: 5'6

Smile Hello everyone, I'm new!

Hi all! My name is Sarah. I'm 24 years old and I've been overweight since I was in my early teens. I'm so tired of it. Of feeling crappy about myself and not experiencing so much in my life because I'm embarrassed of how I look.

Last April I weighed 230lbs. My mother, who is also overweight, and I decided it past time we did something about our lifestyle. We started eating healthier and working out. It worked for a while and I lost almost 15 lbs! But I 'fell off the wagon' and stopped working out and stopped eating well. Luckily, I didn't completely go back to my old ways. Over the course of 6 months I lost another 13 lbs because I changed some major things in my life. I had graduated college and moved to Denver for my first 'real' job. For the first time I was completely independent. I stopped drinking so much soda and cafe mochas, which I guzzled down while going to school, I also stopped eating out as much. I did these more for financial reasons but it was certainly helpful in losing weight as well. But now I want to 'get back on the wagon' I want to get serious about losing weight and finally lead a healthy life. For the last week and a half I've worked hard to eat healthy and to go to the gym at least 30 minutes every day. I've had a few slip ups but I'm happy to say I've managed to lose 6 lbs in this time. I don't want to fall off the wagon again. This time I want to ultimately reach my goal of weighing 130 lbs and then continue to maintain the healthy habits I'm learning.

This forum seems really inspiring for people like myself who are working on weight loss. I am happy and excited to be here!
goingtothebeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #2  

Hey Sarah,
Welcome to the group
Congrats on your achievements so far You've done really REALLY well, keep up the good work (and if you ever feel yourself reaching for the cookie jar feel free to send me a message!!!).

Healthy Angel
HealthyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

SARAH ~ you are doing great ... you are headin' in the right direction ... all the way!!! There is a 20-something forum you might like to join: with people your own age and interests ... best wishes for continued success!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote