Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #1  
K_Heagler

S/C/G: SW: 315 GW: 180

Height: 5'4''

Default New member. Attempting to Turn Over a New Leaf.

Hello everyone. My name is Katie. I'm really glad I found this website. I really hope to find great support and that this site helps me. Okay so about me. I am 22 years old, 5'4'' and 315 pounds. My goal weight is 180 pounds so I have 135 pounds to lose. At this point anything less than 180 sounds too small to me, but when I get there I may change my mind. I have been overweight my entire life. Ever since I can remember I have been on some sort of diet. I have never been able to wear nice/cute clothes. When I was in 8th grade I did the Dr. Atkins diet and lost around 60 pounds. I had to get off the diet because my energy started to get very low and I didn't want to do anything but sleep. After I got off the Dr. Atkins diet I felt so much better. I actually wanted to do fun stuff. Unfortunately I gained all my weight back. I stayed around the same weight through 8th grade through 12th grade. When I went to college I didn't gain the freshman 15, I actually lost about 30 pounds. I was losing weight because I was doing more walking than I had ever done before just walking up to class, I had lots of selections to pic from in the cafeteria and a fresh salad bar every day. I was working out in the gym and I felt good about myself. While losing the weight I was dating a guy. We broke up and I lost a few more pounds in hopes that maybe he would notice. The end of the first year of school came to an end and I went home. I met another guy and dated him through the summer. He was cheating on me and used the excuse of distance to break up with me. I didn't find out about him cheating until I was back at school and when I found out I went into a total depressed state. My depression went on for a while and I gained all the weight that I lost back and then some. A while later I finally met my now fiance', we've been together 3 years, and I've gained about 100 pounds in that 3 year time span. So that is where I am today, 100 pounds heavier. But today is where I have taken a step to change it
heagler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Congrats on your engagement! Good luck with the weight loss. This is a good site!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum!
Do you know what food plan you are going to follow? There is a ton of information on this site about many different food plans. Choose one that fits into your life style and you can stick to long term.
Come to this site as much as you can for support and help keeping you on track. Break down your weight loss into smaller mini goals, reaching your mini goals will make you feel so good about yourself and help to keep you going.
You can do this! I know you can.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 296/289/180

Height: 5'9"

Greetings! Another young person, woot! Like the others have said, look around...see what you like. There are a bunch of great pages in the 20-something section, just fyi.
cfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/171/152

Height: 5'5

Welcome!
I hope you find this site as helpful as I have!
Good luck!
I believe in you!!!
Tessa
tessilette is offline   Reply With Quote