Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 355/346.4/200

Height: 5'7'

Talking 30 and READY FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!!

I'm a mother of two beautiful girls age 4 & 13. I have PCOS which aids in the weight gain. Been heavy most of my life but became obese in my last pregnancy where I gained 100lbs due to lack of moving around and eating way too much. I decided when I turned 30 which I did this summer and my daughter turns 4 which was in August I would get my life in order. I reside in the U.S. Virgin Islands and work full time for the goverment. I am ready for a change and in this for the long haul. I want to lose weight, feel great and teach my kids and family and about good nutrition, excercise and how to live healthy normal lives. I do have a great self esteem but know that I am not healthy. I snack when I'm bored and so sick of it!!! I can eat healthy but when I'm bored I snack mindlessly so I've decided to snack on fruits. My weaknesses are chips and juice.. I've gotten away from the juice but chips always seem to find a way in my home. Didn't have any last week and but had it yesterday and today uggghhh.. I have a treadmill and elliptical. Can't go past 5 mins on the elliptical but just started using my treadmill last week. Haven't excercised since Monday as I keep putting it off like I have more time. Well my time is up!! I have hypertesion and PCOS.

I am currently 346.4 started at 355 and lost those lbs by just cutting back but came up with an excercise plan which I will start tomorrow. Tonight i will just walk for 45 mins at 2.5 or a mile which ever comes first. How many calories should I be eating if I want to get down to 250 by October 2012? I'm 5'7. Below is the plan I came up with:

Mon, Wed, Fri
1. Arm exercise with 10lbs weights using the book lean, long, and strong 2 (15reps) of 4 sets
2. 20 sit-ups
3. 25 side bends totalling 50
4. 20 squats

Mon-Sunday 45-60 mins of treadmill walking at 2.5 with increases of a point each week till i can do 3.0 straight for 60 without triggering my asthma. I currently use my pump 30mins before my cardio which I've learned helps alottt!!

"cheers to good health"
cookie6815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:04 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

:waves:
Hi, how is your plan going? Well done on the weight yo've lost so far.

Your exercise regime is admirable - I don't have any machines at home and can't afford a gym, so just settle for walking. Even 30 mins a day is 30 mins more than I normally do!

How do you plan to count your calories? there are lots of free online programmes that help, and I find them a lot easier to use and a bit of geeky fun, rather than using a calorie book and paper and pen.

good luck!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote