Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204.2/196.8/120

Height: 5'4"

Default New girl here - but trying weight-loss again!

Hi everyone, I'm a 20-year old college student from California. For me, this whole weight-loss process is pretty redundant. I've tried weight watchers, juice fasts, OA, and FA multiple times. I lose a couple pounds, get disappointed, gain the weight back, and repeat the process. I've also had a few periods where I had intense workouts everyday. Somehow though, none of that ever lasts long. I guess you could say I have a bit of an issue with following through on commitments. When I first found the site, I was very inspired reading many of your stories but I guess I just wasn't ready to start working on my own goal.

I started gaining weight my freshman year of high school and have been putting on some weight every year since. My family life has always been tumultuous, especially the last few years. And I also attend an extremely competitive university where I feel enormous pressure to do well. A lot of my weight issues have been related to emotional issues (I'm a BIG emotional eater), and I'm looking to hopefully overcome those feelings so I can finally lose a significant amount of weight AND keep it off! My 21st birthday is coming up in a few days, and I have come to the realization that who I am now is not who I aspire to be. I'm really excited to have found this site, because I've realized after all these failures that I need some support and inspiration.

Last edited by miliminime; 11-02-2011 at 12:41 AM.
miliminime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/220/175

Height: 5'6"

HEY! Good luck to you on your journey, i feel a real connection to what your saying. Im 24 and have been dealing with weight loss issues since probably grade 9. I feel like i have tried every diet, and gotten nowhere. I am 40 lbs down now doing it the old fashion way of eating well and being active, but i still have about 40 lbs to go! I've hit a bit of a bump. Stay positive and believe in your self its amazing what the mind can do. I also am an emotional eater and i now talk myself through my emotions before turning to food. Why am i upset? what is making me feel this way? Will food make me feel better? It seems to work for me most of the time! I believe in you and you need to believe in yourself!! LETS DO THIS!!

Sara
SaraJane24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204.2/196.8/120

Height: 5'4"

Thanks! Wow, 40 pounds - that is seriously amazing!!! You know, I have been so far in denial that I actually told myself food WAS making me feel better. When I look at the reality though, I can barely believe that this is me and that I have let myself go this much. And food definitely doesn't make me feel better, even while I'm eating it - I'm going to try your method of talking myself through my emotions. Again, thanks for the great advice and good luck to you!
miliminime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:49 AM   #4  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Hi Lady!

So glad you have made this decision for yourself. I was exactly your age when I also made the decision. Few months before my 21st I also wasn't happy with who was looking back at me in the mirror.

Start small and remember, this time..it is forever! Lifestyle change!

I know you can do it
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote