Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-22-2011, 03:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 109.9/84.2/82

Height: 171 cm

Default Hello pleased to meet you

hi everyone.

i am a newbie and i was looking for a weight loss forum for ideas and advice.

i am 37 years old and have some health issues. i was told by my doctor that i needed to lose weight or things could get really bad. so 3 weeks ago i started a weight loss plan that i have put together my self.

my start weight was 109.9kg and my waist was 49 inchs.
i am now 105.9kg and my waist is 47 inchs.

i have been weighing my self everyday to see what effect the exercise has on my diet but i am thinking of changing it to once a week.

i have found that there are some days where i dont lose any weight at all.
then i have a day where i lose alot. i dont understand that.

i am on a low calorie diet. i have about 1600 a day. thats down from about 3000. i have a treat day but i still keep an eye on how many calories i have.

i am doing an easy tabata exercise plan to try out the afterburn effect. i do it for 10 minutes in total. i do it 3 times a week.

some questions i have are:

should i weigh myself everyday?

is it normal to go a few days where your weight stays the same?

should i have more calories a day?

what is the healthest amount of weight to lose a week?

sorry its a bit long.

thank you for your help

chrisc74
chrisc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! You will find amazing support here!
Should i weigh myself everyday?
This is a personal decision. I started out only weighing myself once a week but now I weigh just about every day. I cannot give you a reason for this change, its like my scale calls to me in the morning saying "Step on me" lol.

is it normal to go a few days where your weight stays the same?
This is totally normal. Weight loss is not linear, you may go several days before you see a loss. In fact, it is normal to do everything right and see a gain followed by a loss. Whatever the scale says, keep at it and keep following your plain. I recently went through a period where I gained and lost the same two pounds for almost three weeks before I saw an actually loss. Frustrating for sure.

should i have more calories a day?
1600 sounds a little high for me. I try to stay between 1300-1400 but if you are losing weight at 1600 per day, I say stick with what works for you.
what is the healthest amount of weight to lose a week?
Popular belief is 1.5-2lbs per week is considered healthy but I do not think there is any actual medical fact proving this. Some weeks you may lose more than that, especially in the beginning of your weight loss.
Best of luck!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:06 AM   #3  

thanks for the info. it has really helped
Old 10-21-2011, 03:29 AM   #4  

hi. just thought i would put in an update.

i have lost 30 pounds in 12 weeks and 9 inches off my waist. everything is going really well. i average about 1200-1400 calories a day which seams to be working really well.

i seam to be averaging about 2lbs a week which is ok as long as i can keep that amount going until chrismas.

both the diet and exercise are going well. i dont think i can do anything more to my plan to make me lose any more than i am. but i dont mind about that.

hope everyone is doing ok

Chrisc74