Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #1  

Default Still trying to get to goal weight

My name is Tracy and I have been viewing this website over the years. 2 1/2 years ago I had weight loss surgery. I was at 351 and was having trouble walking and doing much of anything. I thought that was my last resort so I took the plunge. I went in for a gastric sleeve and came out with a rouyen y gastric bypass. Although I was unhappy with the surgery for the first year and a half, I have made it through 2 and 1/2 years with great success. I am at 205 today and started following the metabolic research diet because it is high in protein and that is what I need to live. My goalk weight however is 165 and I am no where near there. I am not sure how to get there honestly. A few good things have come out of my surgery besides losing weight. I have better outlook on life, I can exercise again, I feel good most days, I am never hungry (who would have thought that) and sugar makes me sick (again who would have though that). But I still have sugar cravings and don't know how to get get past that. Any suggestions?

Has anyone else had a rouyen y gastric bypass and what did you do to lose the rest of the weight after surgery.
totraceme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your weight loss success. Losing almost 150 lbs is amazing!
I do not have a ton of advice. You might try posting in the Weight Loss Surgery forum on this site and see if you can get some helpful advice there.
I just wanted to let you know I think your amazing and to keep trying!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/155/130??

Height: 5'6"

Wow 150 pounds!! That's amazing!

You still have sugar cravings - how about trying Aktin's bars or deserts? They're not exactly the best tasting things in the world but they hit the spot for a lot of people when they're craving something sweet.
Kattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #4  

Smile Atkins Bars

I haven't tried Atkins bars in years so maybe the taste has gotten better. Thanks for the advice.

Tracy
totraceme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #5  
Sue

S/C/G: 221/217/120

Height: 5' 3

Congrats on your 150 pound weight loss. I myself chew that extra dessert gum and that has worked for me for reducing sugar cravings
Luvmyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote