Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/242/175

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Desperately seeking me!

Hi I'm new and this is rather difficult. I am not use to asking people for help but here it goes. I had gastric bypass 4 yrs ago. My goal was to lose atleast 100lbs. I got close to my goal but as usual fell just short of the finish line. The support system I thought I had before surgery was not the support system I actually received. After being told by family and friends that it was ok to have the surgery as long as I didn't change. (Impossible) Anyone knows when you lose that much weight not only your hormones change but so does your desire to be more than you have ever been, to be the type of person you always wanted to be....active. I'm a emotioinal eater and 3 months after surgery my father passed away and 4 other family and friends passed within a year and a half of my surgery. I still lost almost 100 lbs despite this. My husband and myself started having trouble after 25 years. So much to deal with but when I tried to talk to my friends and family their answer was always the same. All my problems is because of my surgery and weight loss. So I gained 50lbs. Now I am even more miserible. All those problems are still there plus the weight. I am desperately trying to find the me I know that is in there and trying to start over on my weight loss but I need help and support. I was hoping somewhere out there someone understands what I'm going through. Sorry this is so long.
teresa84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Wanted to send out a BIG HUG....I don't have answers but I'm cheering you on to goal. You may want to post this also in the Weight Loss Surgery section. There are a great group of posters there.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #3  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

I am glad you are here at 3FC. This is a wonderful group of people, all working different paths towards the same goal.

I also second free1's suggestion to check out the WLS section.

Good luck, keep checking this site, and find your motivation!
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 287/242/175

Height: 5'6

Thank you so much for the thoughts it means alot. I will check out the other site.
teresa84 is offline   Reply With Quote