Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Fat chick here!

Hello! Noob alert. I found this website while randomly browsing and it seemed like a friendly and fun place to start with this lifestyle change of mine. I have always been a chubby child for as long as I can remember. It never really bothered me much until I had to go buy clothes and would find the surprise that I was a size bigger.. grrr. Health class and PE was always a problem too. But for a hefty girl like myself, I have pretty good self-esteem. Never afraid to flaunt around doing all them stuff skinny people do so easily.~

Recently, I fell and hurt my knee badly. Usually I can handle pain really well. But it was too much to handle and decided to go to the hospital and get it checked out. The doctor had me get some xrays done and yaddayadda (Insert the You'reOverWeight scolding doctor rant here) and long story short, I had no fracture but he told me my knees were deteriorating slowly. A case you usually see in old folks but it's happening to me at the early age of 18 because of my weight. He also said that if I didn't submit myself to a diet I would have to get surgery for FAKE KNEES. Ahhhh!

I don't want this to happen. So, I decided to start my diet and exercise. I weighed myself and I'm at a scary 278lbs. I want to go down at least to 140. That means I have to lose 138lbs! It's rather hard as well because no one seems to support me or even believe that I'll actually go through it. Not even my friends believe it lol. It's a long road a head of me filled with wheat, fatfree, sweat and manymany tears. But I'm game. Wish me luck! Also, any tips?
Chimmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #2  
Fighting the flab

S/C/G: 18.3/18.3/11 to 10 stone.

Height: 5 foot 9.

Hiya, I am a newbie too. Are you on any diet in particular? I started the cambridge diet today, managed 100% no cheating, I know its early days but the amount of water you have to drink is insane and it doesnt help that I dont enjoy water.

Im not good with lbs lol. Im 18 stone 4 pounds. I am a uk size 24-26 I hope to get a curvy but healthy size 14.

Rachel.xx
willbeayummymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Hello there, I am a bit older than the both of you but 3 years ago I fell and broke my knee cap on my left knee. I didn't have it replaced they just mended it with pins and wires. I have had no trouble with it at all. Over the last year my right hip and upper thigh had been bothering me. I had gone to the Dr several times and he always told me the same thing it was my syadic(sp) nerve. Finally I had enough because I could barely pick up my leg to walk or to even get into my truck. He sent me for an MRI to find out that I have no more cartlidge in my lower back nor in my right hip. I would eventually have to have a hip replacement but I am only 45 and a hip replacement only last 10 years so he suggested that I lose this weight so that when I do have the surgery I will heal better and also would be able to prolong the surgery as long as possible. On April 27th, 2011 I started the Ideal Protein Diet and have lost 88lbs in 25weeks. Its the best decision I ever made, its easy and very simple to follow. My hip hurts less and less with each lb I lose. I started off at 388 and now I am at 300lbs as of Wednesday when I weighed in. Good luck to both of you, its a hard decision and I have struggled with my weight all of my life from when I can remember being a small child. You have to be in the right mindset for any diet to work. It has to be a lifestyle change NOT a diet, because if you think of it as a diet you are setting yourself up for failure. Have a great day
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome to both of you and good luck. Pick a plan that you can follow and stick with it ! You can do it !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC!

Just take it one pound at a time and your goal won't seem so scary
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #6  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to both of you.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

Hey Chimmey! I'm a bit older than you, but your story is mine. We're in the same weight range, and I know just what you mean by never letting your weight define you, keeping up with the skinny girls... let me guess, you've always been 'the funny one.' I totally relate to the whole not thinking about it until you're still outgrowing your clothes in high school... it was normal when you were in grade school, and we just never stopped the habit, right?

I joined three fat chicks about a year ago and lost 35 pounds... then I flew off track, moved twice, got my own place, and slowly but surely, here I am right back where I started.

So I'm slinking back here and starting all over again.

Glad to have you, and good luck. There are so many people here with stories just like ours, I found more like minded people here than in any TOPS or WW group (not that they aren't great for other people.)
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote