Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #1  

Default Weight Loss help for a teenage cancer survivor

Hello everyone! I must say, this forum is very unique. I have read through a couple of threads and have found everyone so helpful! I have searched endlessly for the past hour or so looking for some information. If any of you could help answer some of my questions, that would be awesome!

To give you some background info, I am 5,9, 200 pounds and 18 years old. I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma when I was 15 years old and relapsed at 16. I originally weight 166 pounds at the time but gained weight after being sedentary and on prednisone for two years.

My goal: I am trying to lose the weight now and get back down to 160 by August 2013. I have been trying on and off for the past couple of months but have not been unable to see any results from any certain plan I made. I went out and bought Cardio Cut and Amplify protein powder, both are great! So, I would like to keep including those two powders in my diet. I love to run on the treadmill and lift weights.

My diet: consists of fruits, lean meats, and complex carbs and healthy fats. I can't eat vegetables. I have not been able to keep a vegetable down for the past couple of years. I do take a multivitamin to help with that. I know it is not the same but I try.

My questions are:

-How did you make a workout plan and do you have any I could follow?
-Can I still lose weight without eating vegetables?
-Would you recommend anything to eat for a cancer survivor?

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this. I know it's a lot!
BeatTheOdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Wow! You have been through a lot in your short life. I am amazed at your strength.
How did I make a work out plan to follow?

I built up over time doing 30min of cardio on my elliptical. I lift weights, I started doing three sets of 10, and increased to four sets of 10 and have gradually increased the amount of weight I can lift. I am starting to add in squats and lunges to help build leg muscles. I work out 5 days a week for about 45 minutes.

Can you lose weight without eating veggies?
Yes you can. Weight loss is all about burning MORE calories than you consume. Simple and hard as that. Calories are calories, and it does not matter if they are sugar, veggies or dairy. Burn more than you consume and you will lose weight.

I cannot give you advice for the last question. I would strongly advise you to talk to your doctor and ask for their guidance and advice throughout your weight loss process.

Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote