Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #1  
Sporty Diva

S/C/G: 207/see tracker/145

Height: 5'8

Default ***NEWBIE** Hello Ladies!

My name is Tiffney and I am a 35 yr. old Ohio woman who has started an emotional journey to regain my health. In October of 2008, I found out the man of my life, my father, had cancer. In November 2008, he became deathly ill due to surgery to remove the cancer. He began a 2 year long battle that kept him in the hospital. Unfortunately, he died at home in April 2010. I was devastated. During those 2 years, we spent countless hours at the hospital. I stopped working out, stopped eating correctly, and gained about 60-70 pounds.

In December 2010, my best friend got engaged. In April 2011, my little sister got engaged. In June 2011 (Father's Day), I got engaged! Sounds great right? NO! What should be the happiest time of my life, has been a constant battle with self esteem, body image issues, and fear. See, in late August, my best friend called me and wanted me to meet her at a bridal shop to try on bridesmaid dresses. When I arrived, all the bridesmaids were trying on dresses and she handed me a size 10 and told me to try it on. I told her that the dress wouldn't fit and she said that they knew it wouldn't close in the back, but at least they could see how the dress would look on me. Needless to say, the dress wouldn't go over my hips or shoulders and I was humiliated. To further the humilation, the bridal shops proceeds to measure us. Not only did the consultant say that I would have to pay an extra $30, but my measurements were astonishing. I knew that I had gained weight in the past 2 years, but I had no idea of the amount. I was heart broken. It took every bit of me to not cry in front of everyone. But as soon as I hit the car, I cried all the way home. Now I know bridal sizes are unrealistic, however, with that mindset, how could I find a wedding dress at this size? The idea of going from shop to shop and not finding the dress I want hurt me. So I decided it's time to take back my health.

My Fiance & Friends have been tremendous since then, suppporting me and even working out with me. It's been about 4 -5 weeks since that day and I have not weighed myself since. I will weigh myself around 10/31. Why 10/31? Well, I will be ordering my bridesmaid dress then and I can get re-measured.

I hope I haven't bored you all, but I wanted to tell you some things about why this journey started and where I am headed
MsTiffneyLamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/197/150

Height: 5'4"

First of all congratulations on your engagement! I'm a newly-engaged too!
I went dress shopping with my bff and it was such a terror (it was a very similar feeling to the bridesmaid dress), I knew I HAD to lose weight if I was going to have any kind of fun wedding planning/ shopping.

Good luck on reaching your goal!
Huzzahforska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/259/185

Height: 5' 7''

Welcome.
cajun moma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #4  
Sporty Diva

Thanks Ladies!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #5  
Sporty Diva

And Congrats Huzz on your engagement!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #6  
Lok'tar Ogar!

S/C/G: 248.6/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Hello there fellow Cincinnatian!! *wave!!*

Congratulations on your engagement! I'm sorry that you had such a horrible experience with your dress. But it's a great incentive to start a weight loss journey. Good luck!!
Soft Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #7  
Sporty Diva

**waves at soft speaker***HI and thanks!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/171/150

Height: 5"3

Hi Tiffney!
Congratulations on your engagement! Your story is really heartfelt I can also identify with what your going through. I remember struggling to find the perfect prom dress. None of the ones i liked zipped up in the back. However the same strapless bra that I wore to my prom is now too big on me! My father has always been harsh about my weight since he's always been very thin. Once while I went to visit him on vacation we were in a supermarket which had a scale in the front. He told me and his girlfriend who is thin that we NEEDED to get on the scale. I told him no I would not because my weight is my business. However he kept on insisting and making jokes. I got so angry that I stormed out. I really wanted to break down and cry but I managed to hold it together. I realized that I needed to lose weight for myself and not for everyone else . So keep it up girl! I know you can do it!
MsFierceFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on your engagement! I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your dress. Best of luck with your goals!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #10  
I'm Lorna. Nice 2 meet u.

S/C/G: 272/216/172

Height: 5'8"

Default Good for you!

First....congrats on the engagement!!!! That is awesome and I am so happy to hear about all your support.

Second....I had gotten soooooo close to my goal of Onederland (207) last year when the holidays attacked me THEN my mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. While taking care of her during the transition, I didn't see the inside of the gym for several months....Looked up and I was back up to 229. Don't know why...but...re-losing the weight seems SOOOOOOO much harder this time. I am resolved to do it though!!!

Let's do this thang! :-)

Lorna
JustLorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 268/211/150

Height: 5"3'

Congrats on your engagement! I am really sorry to hear about what happened at the Bridal Shop. I feel your pain. I have went up 7 sizes in 3 years and I am disgusted with myself. I guess everyone has a certain experience that makes them realize that they need to do something with themselves. I have found that it usually is embarrassing and depressing but whatever works, right?
I am glad that you have the support you need to get through this. I wish you all the luck on your journey. I know you can do it!
Sherri77 is offline   Reply With Quote