Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #1  

Default It's overwhelming and scary but......

I am really excited that I have started my new adventure. I really need to get serious about eating healthier and moving more. I have used all the excuses in the book, probably more than once, but now it is a matter of my health, not a matter of "I wish I could". I currently weight 243.5, started at 245. My doctor and I have set my first goal of 30 lbs by Dec. 25th. It seems like an awful lot awful fast to me, but she said that it would be okay. She has the degree, not me LOL

I actually started last week by making small, simple changes:

1. I eliminated the Diet Coke in my home, however I am giving myself permission to drink it if we eat out. (carbonation helps me to feel fuller faster and not eat the too large of portions given to me). Drink water or Crystal light water.

2. Started a Multivitamin and Calcium supplement

3. Get 8 hours sleep a night with a more consistent bedtime.

4. I am starting to walk twice a day for at least 15 minutes each time under Dr. supervision.

5. I bought and received yesterday my new Bodybuggsp. I am super excited to see in real time an estimate of calories burned, how many steps I have taken, calories consumed etc. I hope that my little arm hugger and I become fast friends.

6. Track calories consumed, everything... right down to the coffee creamer. Right now I am using the Bodybuggsp site but I might change after I look around this site.

Now to be fair and honest to myself, I have no patience and lose interest easily. I can be lazy and will use my health as an excuse. I do need some accountability. I have my reminder on my arm and I have moved the scale to the kitchen (not visually appealing, but it is working for me). Too bad they can't make a refrigerator that tells you your current weight when you open the door! LOL

My biggest problem with food is finding snacks that I like that aren't too high in carbohydrates.

Anyways... probably way more than you wanted to know but I am eager and hopefully I can keep my motivation going.
weighless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Best of wishes on your journey!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #3  
Diva with a tude

S/C/G: 166/149/125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3FC. I literally laughed when you said that about the fridge. For the next few days, every time I open mine I am going to hear Jillian Michaels' voice scream 152!

Maybe I'll lose some weight this week
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:30 AM   #4  

LOL.... I like her!
weighless is offline   Reply With Quote