Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-06-2011, 05:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/138/125

Height: 5'3"

Default noobie.... to this forum

Hello all!!

I am new to this site, although I have been on FitDay for awhile, so allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Stephanie and I am in Maryland. I started my weightloss journey in January of 2011. My highest weight was in that month of 205 pounds, and decided to make myself healthy again. I never battled weight as a child, in fact, I was one of the ones that could eat and eat and eat, and not gain an ounce, so when I started picking up weight after the birth of my second son, I didn't understand why.

On the day before my husband's birthday, I decided I was no longer going to look at the mirror in disgust, I was actually going to do something about it. I started off slow, making the proper changes in diet, or rather made sure I would eat more than 1 time a day. Started doing 20 minutes of cardio, and 1 hour of calisthenics every day. Gradually increasing my cardio by 10 minutes at the end of the week.

Now here I am at the begining of September feeling fabulous at a nice 138. I am aimimg to get down to 125 by the end of October, which is my ultimate goal weight at the end of my journey before turning to just strictly maintance mode.

I do however have a few questions:

I don't know how many calories I should be eating to keep my body from going into starving mode and still keep losing weight. I try to eat 4-5 times a day at 250-350 calories at a time, but with the calisthenics and cardio ( I run 5 miles a day now) I don't want to do more harm then good by not eating enough.

My calisthenics that I do are the following:

Everything is 5 sets of 20

pushups
crunches
lunges
squats
diamond push ups
close grip push ups
arm circles
butt squeezes
bridges
arm raises

Are these safe to do everyday and still give my muscles time to repair?

And lastly, I haven't used weights yet, and have been using my own body weight since I started and I have lost 68 pounds by doing those exercises everyday, so I am wondering do I continue doing these everyday since it has worked so far, do I add weights into the equation now?

Slightly confused on this losing this last 13 pounds.....
pixiedust7976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

If you're looking to answers to these questions you might find them under the Calorie Counters section, and/or the Exercise area!

Best of wishes on the rest of your journey!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/166/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi, just joined Sept. 2011. This is a great website and I am getting a whole lot of info. to help out. Now for the crazy part....Where do you guys get the little weight bar tickers and how do you post them on your messages? They are so cute!!!!

bingbangboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #4  
I’m not fat….I’m fluffy

S/C/G: 288/274/188

Height: 5'8

Welcome! Im new too!
cuppycake is offline   Reply With Quote